The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

rear discs rusted to hub...ideas?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silvah_gsx

15+ Year Contributor
May 4, 2005
santa monica, California
Hi,

I'm in the middle of a brake job right now. I finished the fronts with no difficulty, but the rear discs are completely rusted to their hubs. I know on the fronts you can just thread bolts in, but there is no place to do that on the rears. Anyone have any ideas as to how to get it unrusted? All of the threads that I've found so far on brake disc removal cover the fronts, but not the rears.

Thanks in advance.
Ari

Get some Rust Eater and tap it with a rubber mallet. IF that doesn't work, use a hammer to tap it up and over.

OOOMG thank you!

Had time constraints on this one, so thanks for the tips and the link...scared the s*** out of me when the rotor finall popped off, passenger side rotor actually flew off.

Thanks again.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back