The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

random boost and stutter problem..

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xx503boyxx

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 16, 2008
salem, Oregon
on the way back from the coast with a full car inoticed my car stuttering...i pulled over and me and my buddies couldent figuer it out every line and hose was on right i figured plugs,wires..made it home when everybody got off and the car cooled down suttering went away..i went ahead got new bpr6es's and ripped out my old ebay wires and put a used stock wire set i had..ok took it for a test drive same thing stutters at low rpm..but i noticed it pulled way harder?? then i notice my boost is reaching 15psi!! im baffled?? ive been monitoring it and ive benn holding 11psi no problem running off the wastegate with j pipe boost source..everything is connect right im stumped?..all i can think of is get new wires,and maybe my wastegate is broken ...but turbo is less then 3 months old 16g from FP ..any help/input guys??

Sounds to me like you have a boost leak. It will stutter and bog because your engine is adding fuel to work with the air that is escaping, and then you will reach a point where your turbo spools and partially compensates for the boost leak. If you have a wideband, you will notice that your A/F ratio will go into 8's.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back