The Central Hub for DSM Community and Information

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. This is where the DSM platform history is documented and archived. Log in to help us in our mission, and to remove most ads from the browsing experience.

Queston on injector size?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cmytalon

Probationary Member
13
0
Mar 30, 2004
Port Saint Luice, Florida
Ok guys does this look correct:

Fuel Injector Worksheet

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Desired crank shaft Hp 700 B.H.P.
Number of injectors to be used: 4
brake specific fuel consumption desired .60
Max injector duty cycle .80
System fuel presure: 45 lbs


Injector size needed is 129 lb per hr. or 1356 cc/min

* Brake specific should be .45 to .50 for naturally aspirated engines,
.55 TO .60 for supercharged engines,
and .60 to .65 for turbocharged engines.


I want to get the right injectors the first time around. I found the above info at http://www.rceng.com/technical.htm It just seems that the injector size is larger than I expected. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Kenneth
 
Well, Im looking at 600 whp and 700 or so at the crank. If I add a 100 shot later then I may need the larger cc injectors. Will 1000 cc injectors or larger give me a really rough idle. I will have to set the idle at 1300+

Thanks for the info,

Kenneth
 
This will depend on alot of things like turbo, displacent, head work, and alot of other items. Your car is stock, but you already have the 700 HP dream. I am not going to get into if you will actually attain this goal or not, but I suggest you look around and see what other that have made that kind of power, not many, are using and perhaps PM them about there setup.
 
Add Value - Be Respectful - No Trolling - No Misinformation - Participate Often!
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community

Build Thread Updates

Latest Classifieds

  • For sale 1g MD122260
    Up for sale Discontinued MD122260 Forward Facing Oil Filter Housing $120.00 shipped plus paypal...
    • BTKai
    • Updated:
    • Expires
  • For sale 1g ThreeSpeedDesign scattershields.
    Three speed design 1g scatter shields. Stainless steel. Have half a dozen 1g Fwd. ($85) two...
    • Galant665
    • Updated:
  • For sale 1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX 5 Speed
    Selling a 1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX. 5 speed manual, Red on Tan leather. 83,500 miles.
    • radron26
    • Updated:
    • Expires
  • For sale 1g Carbon fiber center tail section
    Carbon fiber cover for center tail light light section
    • arodgst
    • Updated:
    • Expires
  • Wanted 2g 1995 eclipse gst ext trim above side skirt
    Looking for 1 exterior trim pieces.Passenger side: long piece above side skirt
    • athlete3344
    • Updated:
Back
Top