The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

General Question - Horsepower Limit

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

polverari

5+ Year Contributor
Jan 29, 2018
São Paulo, South_America
Hello everybody!
Thais os my first thread here and first of all: sorry if i am posting it in the wrong place... I can move the post if someone warn me.
I'm from brazil and this is the specs of my 2g:

4g63t stroker (2.3, wiseco forged pistons and original rods)
Turbo: forced performance 68hta @1.0bar
Walbro 255
Injectors: precision 1200
Dsmlink v3
Wideband aem
Air filter k&n
All the way of pressurizing in 3" stainless steel

My doubt is:

I'm Running with 1bar (14.5 psi) of turbo pressure.
This is my only car and i use it everyday!
I have original rods!!!

I'm Running with 34lbs of airflow (340hp in engine... i guess)
I'm near the limit of my specs or can i improve the engine horsepower safely? Maybe i can go to 22psi (1.5bar) and extract more horses.
What is your opinion?

Thanks! Ans sorry for eventual english mistakes =)

(The car youtube channel is: youtube.com/eclipsegst)

You can go to about 300 with stock internals. The transmission will start to fail then. Your set up will support up to 500 so you have a lot of room to "turn it up" once you're comfortable with its reliability. If you're worried about forged pistons on the oem rods you could look into magnus aluminum rods for absorbing the shock of the harder metal components. It's good to hear from the south!

Stock internals can handle a lot more that 300hp. I'd be a bit concerned running a stroker on stock rods. Is this a 6 or 7 bolt? The added stress from the change in rod ratio will limit you since the stock rods are a weak point.
I'm using 7 bolt!

With stock rods and a stroker. I don't think I would turn it up much being your daily driver. Maybe a couple psi, but I think 400is a good limit.
400 in wheels or in crank?

Last edited:
I went to dyno and the car is running:

1.0 bar on fp68hta
340 hp (crank)
40kgfm (400nm) (crank)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back