The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

question about garrett gt3076r

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This is a great question for @JusMX141

I think the answer would be that a "stock" gt3076 would come with the t3 exhaust housing (0.63 a/r) which is a little larger than the bolt-on ( around 46-55 a/r??). So, you would need a manifold with a t3 flange and the 0.63 housing may create more power but have more turbo lag. Hope that helps.

Most likely better spool but less top end on the bolt on gt3076. I have ran a gt10 version of the bolt on gt3076 which is smaller on compressor and turbine and flowed 45lb/min at 26 psi, full boost at 3800 rpm.

GT11 is a GT3076RL CHRA which was produced before the current 6-blade model when Garrett offered different compressors for the 30R series and even a few different turbines. The turbo in the link has a 55/76mm compressor and a 56.5/53.5mm turbine where most out-of-the-box 3076R's will be 57/76mm and 60/55mm. It will spool quicker but mass airflow will likely be a little lower from the turbine restriction. I tried to describe that to the best of my ability in the listing without doing a side-by-side comparison.

GT11 is a GT3076RL CHRA which was produced before the current 6-blade model when Garrett offered different compressors for the 30R series and even a few different turbines. The turbo in the link has a 55/76mm compressor and a 56.5/53.5mm turbine where most out-of-the-box 3076R's will be 57/76mm and 60/55mm. It will spool quicker but mass airflow will likely be a little lower from the turbine restriction. I tried to describe that to the best of my ability in the listing without doing a side-by-side comparison.

Thanks for your answer.
Ok, this is clear.
What I would like to understand is that spool range will have and how much it will push after.
Can I see the spool of 26/27 psi around 4000rpm with stock gt3076r .63A/R turbine housing?
After that, how many rpm will stop pushing?
Maybe is a stupid question, but i'm new about turbo experience.Running for 10 years with just big 16g.

best i can do is a couple videos of a datalog replay of a gt3076r with a .63 turbine on a 2.0L honda. the only reason the boost is going up so slow is because i had boost by gear enabled to try and keep from loosing traction when the boost hit. without it, the would break loose till 4th gear. the turbo spools hella fast. e
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

What I would like to understand is that spool range will have and how much it will push after.
Can I see the spool of 26/27 psi around 4000rpm with stock gt3076r .63A/R turbine housing?
After that, how many rpm will stop pushing?
There is no way to guess this information with any form of accuracy being that every car, every build, and every tune are different. Turbine trim of the 56.5/53.5mm 30R wheel is 90 so it's definitely not aimed at being a good spooler for it's size but will flow a ton of air while retaining fairly-quick recovery.

There is no way to guess this information with any form of accuracy being that every car, every build, and every tune are different. Turbine trim of the 56.5/53.5mm 30R wheel is 90 so it's definitely not aimed at being a good spooler for it's size but will flow a ton of air while retaining fairly-quick recovery.

ok ,i understand that my question ,can't have the answer.
I'm scared ,because i don't have a idea how this turbo is.
Anyway,thanks for your answer!:)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back