The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

question about 16g on 2g

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jwahl16

10+ Year Contributor
Oct 26, 2009
Havertown, Pennsylvania
I am currently installing a big 16g on my 2g eclipse. The turbo is in right now, i just need to put the manifold and intake back in. But i have a question about the "T" that goes in to the wastegate actuator on the 16g. One end connects to the end of the flapper, but there is another end of the "T" that i have no idea where it goes. I think on the t25 it went in to the turbo housing or something. Sorry i don't have a picture, but i hope you guys will know what i'm talking about. Would that go in to my intake pipe? I can't find that hose either, LOL.

I think you're referring to the boost-source for the wastegate. The T25 has one on the compressor-housing, while 14b/16gs do not. They're boost-source is on the OEM j-pipe. So you're going to have to make a new one. Personally, I would have a nipple welded onto whatever j-pipe you're going to use, or unless you're using an OEM one, use that.

For a temporary solution, you can tap into your blow-off valve line.

If you're talking about the vac. line that runs to the wastegate actuator, you would connect the other end to the MBC and then a pressurized source. Basically it would look like this:

Compressor cover nipple/IM port=====MBC====wastegate actuator

or you can just connect it like above without the MBC and run the stock wastegate pressure.

Hopefully this is what you were asking about.

If you're still using the factory boost control solenoid, you run a line from the boost source in your intercooler piping (don't tee into the BOV line) to the wastegate actuator head, and place the tee anywhere in that line. The other end of the tee connects to the boost control solenoid.

If you're not using the factory boost control solenoid, the tee is not needed.

My j-pipe didn't come with a nipple. I just grabbed a brass nipple from a jobber store and drilled and tapped the j-pipe. Problem solved for less than $5.

well i was planning on getting a mbc eventually anyways, i might as well just go pick one up now. Can i just take the whole stock boost control solenoid out? Or do i only take the 2 lines going to the intake and wastegate out?

Thanks everyone

You can remove the lines but keep the selonoid pluged in to keep the ECU happy. You don't need a MBC either since that just allows you to turn up the boost, not lower it. You'll run stock pressure off the wastegate.

Yeah, but i don't have anything to connect the other end of the "T" in to. I don't want to tap my Intercooler piping, and i have a 16g so there is no tap in the wheel housing

Connect it to a pressiure source from the intake manifold.

ok what do i connect it to on the manifold?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back