The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Question about my 16g

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SaskTSI

Proven Member
Aug 17, 2019
St. Brieux, SK_Canada
Hey everyone I have a knock off big 16g and I'm curious to know what it would take to run 15lbs of boost? I currently can not push the car over about 11 or 12 lbs without it popping and banging and not liking life. Thanks.

Well you have no mods in your profile so im going to assume you have none other then intake and exhaust !! you wont be able to boost that high without fuel cut. Your injectors wont keep up and your fuel pump wont either. Not to mention that knock off 16G wont be glued together for long

Im on a hybrid E3 16G and i sometimes hit cut once i hit a certain rpm in 3rd gesr because the 16G flows more air the fuel system cannot keep up, (ecu is next)

So for your goals you need to do some research and understand you just cant be adding boost as you will have issue down the line and star blaming the car its crap LOL

Here is a helpful link to start you off https://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/2g-dsm-upgrade-paths.486217/

Use this guide as a good indication of your path, you can choose to jump some steps to the next step but know exactly why your doing it and benifits etc

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back