The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Quarter Master Clutch - Sneek Peek Prototype design twin-disk!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ok everyone! Fantastic news!

The Quarter Master Prototype clutch disks are now production parts!

As well, I am now a confirmed Quarter Master Clutch vendor and their products can be found on my website (see my profile), or PM me for details.

They are very very fair priced, and are only slightly more than the standard heat-treated clutch disk package.

I am currently offering the following options:

*QM Gear-Drive Clutch Disk Pack Upgrade (2 clutch disks with the prototype heavy-duty clutch disk hub). This is an upgraded set of disks for current Quarter Master Clutch owners looking for the stronger disks!

*****The current available hubs are for:
-------------Mitsubishi 7/8" 20-Spline Input Shaft (All DSM's)
-------------Mitsubishi 1" 23-Spline Input Shaft (Evo)

*QM Complete 7.25" V-Drive Twin Disk Clutch with the Gear-Drive Clutch Disk assembly and flywheel.
*****The current available units are for:
-------------6-Bolt AWD DSM's
-------------7-Bolt AWD DSM's
-------------Evo 4-9 w/ 1" 23-spline input shaft

If you are running a dogbox and have the 1" 23-Spline input shaft installed on a DSM, I can get you all the parts you need!

I also offer replacement parts for the QM clutch units. Clutch covers, pressure plates, flywheels, floater disks, hardware, etc.

I will update the website shortly with pricing for all the products!

I must say THANK YOU to everyone that has shown interest in these clutch disks, as a large company has listened, and produced a better product to suit the needs of the racers using their product!

Sincerely,

Tim i'm going to shoot you a pm later tonight

So how much does this clutch disc pack cost?

any chance that these would work in a PTT? thanks

They will not directly work in a PTT unit.

You would require the following parts to do the process:

*New clutch cover
*Gear-drive HD design clutch disks
*Clutch cover hardware

This is the bare minimum, as I would also recommend replacing the floater plate and pressure plate to minimize the potential for uneven clutch wear.

The flywheel is reusable. Just check it for flatness, and have it resurfaced if necessary.

I will have all the pricing up on the website shortly:

TMZ Performance

I am working on the page currently, and it will be up and running shortly.

Just a quick question. With this installed does the new hub on the main disc fully contact the input shaft completely?

Drawing to explain what I'm thinking of.

Crude drawing of input shaft and new hub the correct way(I's being the beginning and ending of hub)
------I---I--

Crude drawing of input shaft and new hub wrong way...LOL(where its riding only on half the new hub)
----------I-- I

Or better yet do you have pics of your input shaft after you ran this for a while? I know you sent the clutch back to QM to inspect so you should be able to see where its in contact with the input shaft.

Taken directly from my website:

twicks69 said:
The NEW DESIGN clutch disk hub splines now engage the entire length of the input shaft using one piece, whereas the original design, and every other design out there currently being used engages the input shaft using two separate floating hubs. The older clutch disks (current production pieces) engage at the most of 0.850" on the input shaft splines. The new hub design engages 1.550" of the input shaft splines with a single piece!!! These clutch disks have nearly DOUBLE the engagement area on the input shaft! The single solid piece design will definitely require you to have a good input shaft in the transmission, but it will eliminate the potential issue of twisting off input shaft splines on high HP cars. The only way the clutch can potentially fail now, would be for the input shaft to snap in half!

Just a quick question. With this installed does the new hub on the main disc fully contact the input shaft completely?

Drawing to explain what I'm thinking of.

Crude drawing of input shaft and new hub the correct way(I's being the beginning and ending of hub)
------I---I--

Crude drawing of input shaft and new hub wrong way...LOL(where its riding only on half the new hub)
----------I-- I

Or better yet do you have pics of your input shaft after you ran this for a while? I know you sent the clutch back to QM to inspect so you should be able to see where its in contact with the input shaft.

Sound good, Tim......I also like the name you choose for your site, sounds familiar......

I thought it was fitting... :D

At least I am not tmz.com -- I am not hollywood gossip... ROFL

Ah crap. I didn't even think to check your web page. Thanks for the copy and paste. Haha

Even better....the information is also on the FIRST POST of this thread! ROFL ROFL ROFL

Hahaha! Rub that salt into the wound!

Anyways I'm going to be putting my hardend disc up for sale soon so I will be getting a hold of you on a set of the new disc.

My clutch has 20 miles on it, I shouldn't have to replace the floaters right? I highly doubt they warped in that 20 miles.

You should be able to just swap to the new disks and thats it! I don't see how the floater and pressure plate are warped or trashed in that short of mileage.

That's what I figured. The clutch was ble properly and it was mainley freeway miles. So I'll probably be putting in an order in a week or so. Thanks for the quick answers Tim!

Anytime man! Just shoot me an e-mail (it is on my website) or call me and we can make it happen!

I just ordered up the new disc from you. Looking forward to recieving them! Thanks again for being so helpful.

Awesome!

I placed the order with Quarter Master!

Perfect! I can't wait to get them and tear apart the Talon again. Ugh. But it's for the good this time.

Tim,
Are you the contact person to purchase one of these new QM clutches?

Sang

Yes, I currently am the only one selling these specific disks.

I have only ONE gear-drive clutch disk assembly left at the promotional pricing before they go up in price! The cost of manufacturing these disks have gone up in price and it is out of my control on the price jump due to machining costs of the hub.

When purchasing an entire assembly from Quarter Master (clutch and flywheel), they do not include a ring gear on the flywheel. You would need to get a ring gear and have it heated up and pressed on. The ring gear installed is an additional $110.00 onto the cost of the clutch assembly using the Quarter Master flywheel.

My QM clutch assembly requires a ring gear to be installed on the QM flywheel for DSM applications. The Evo clutch assemblies come with the flywheel ring gear already installed.

The other options are for using the PTT chromoly flywheel, or the MAPerformance flywheel with the QM assembly as they both come with the ring gear installed.

There are several vendors that sell the standard versions of the Quarter Master 7.25" V-Drive twin-disk setups.

Last edited:
Ok, the last clutch disk assembly at the promotional price has been sold!

Pricing has increased due to the manufacturing costs of the custom hubs -- they are substantially more expensive to produce than the standard hubs, and Quarter Master's prices have substantially increased due to the materials and machining costs.

I am still selling the clutch disks for WELL UNDER the list price on the disks -- almost $200.00 below list price!

Last edited:
Glad I got mine when I did. :)

So, I was wondering how the reports on this were? I am looking for another clutch and think I am tired of the PTT and am looking at something different. I am tired of it not lasting and destroying my tranny.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back