The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

Professional paint refinishing tips

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I’ve been told to get it done right at a shop where I live is like $5-10k ...

Yep. Just a couple of days ago I paid a local shop $6500 for an original color two-tone repaint with some body work. It's a Mitsubishi Expo LRV so just about the size and age of our Eclipses. The thing is beautiful -- looks right off the showroom floor, every detail right, the repaired areas are undetectable.

I'm in rural west-central Virginia, the shop mostly does collision work but has a superb reputation.

So yeah, if you have the time and patience to do the whole job yourself, go for it. Materials will run you $500 to $1000 I'd guess.

I have always thought about spreading my knowledge too but never get around to it. Will post here or there with body advise. I as well have been doing body work professionally for 13 years and am a full time painter and ppg certified painter for there waterborne paints. Lots go into the price a shop charges. Some colors are cheap some are not. Most pearl reds cost a lot. Some of the stuff i paint our cost runs $7-9 an ounce!.

So I’m wondering if the original poster is still intending to make that article on refinishing, or moved on to other ventures. No shame in that, but it might have been handy for many members if we had one. :hmm:

So I’m wondering if the original poster is still intending to make that article on refinishing, or moved on to other ventures. No shame in that, but it might have been handy for many members if we had one. :hmm:
Probably sidetracked with life.

If they're like me, then worrying about meeting expectations can be a bit overwhelming. I don't think there's much to worry about, as any starting point is often best when you know your stuff. More can always be added or revised as things progress.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back