The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Tips for Ressurecting Paint

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EclipseGS4651

15+ Year Contributor
Sep 5, 2003
Framingham, Massachusetts
So i have decided to buy a parts car in order to fix some stuff on my car. (mainly my dented door). Both cars are dark green but the parts car has been sitting for more than 3 years and the paint on the car is very dull. My question is how hard is it going to be in order to get the paint to shine once again. Polish, wax, both?... (is there a different method to restoring paint on plastics such as the bumpers?) If people could post their methods for restoring paint it would be extremely helpful and any suggestions are welcome.
-Erik

you could buff and polish and depending on how noticable it is you could also wet sand buff polish wax etc.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back