The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Painting/refinishing cylinder head

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattsGSTeclipse

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 20, 2005
Lewiston, Maine
Alright, has anyone ever painted and refinished their cylinder head? I'm redoing my engine bay and I'd like to put some type of finish on the head to make it look new. I've cleaned it up but it still doesn't look that great. Polishing the head is out of the question right now due to cost. Will a paint hold up? Something like a VHT maybe?

I may be wrong, but I've heard you don't want to paint a cylinder head because you want it to be able to shed head, and paint interferes with that.

Oven cleaner works pretty good just be sure not to leave it on too long if that's the route you decide to take ;)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back