The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

problem with engine motor 4g63t

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

racker

15+ Year Contributor
Oct 24, 2007
Miami, Florida
hello my friend's i come to coment my problem, i have a dsm 95 gsx stock, with boost controller only and 12 psi in the turbo, yesterday i here this sound

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

what can be the problem? :cry:

it kind of hard to say from that video, track down the sound, maybe using a long screw driver and listening to the end, finding out where it is generally comining from is your first step.

pull one wire at a time and see if it goes away/gets better. it sounds like a rod knock to me, but it is hard to tell on video. pull one wire, ground it and start the car, do this for eack cylinder. it definatly deosnt sound like lifter tick. if you have a vacuum gauge, hook it up and see what the needle is doing. most mechanical failure will result in a rapidly moving needle.

I also think you should pull each plug one at a time and see if the noise goes away. Either way it goes it sound like you might need a rebuild.

That sounds like rod knock! The sound even goes with the engine which makes me suspect it even more. The only other thing that makes that noise is lifter tick, but that noise sounds too loud to be lifter tick..

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back