The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

priming turbo?????

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeffreyinigo

15+ Year Contributor
Oct 6, 2004
Tucson, Arizona
i just swapped out my 13g for a 14b and havent started it yet. it says we should prime the trubo in the writeup. what does this mean to "prime the turbo."

All that means is that you have to run oil and coolant through the turbo before you start it. You have to pull the relay that lets your car start when you turn the key, I can't think of the relay off the top of my head, but just crank the car with that relay out so it won't start, but it still pushes oil through the system. It's just so that when you start the car your turbo has fluid in it and isn't dry. :dsm:

cooll. thanks guys. i appreciate all the input. i got it running. it pulls awesome with the
14b. :thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back