The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

Potential on a 16g

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dzducky

Probationary Member
Oct 2, 2019
Lake Elmo, Minnesota
Hey guys! After a few long weeks. My car is finally running correctly. Otherwise I believe I have a 16g turbo housing with a 20g compressor. I can’t confirm it, but I believe it is. I’m just wondering how much WHP it is capable of. I am pushing around 20psi with 1200cc injectors, 255 walbro, and on 93 oct. I have searched a couple forms and threads. But everybody is maxing out their 16g.
I’m guessing 270whp is where the car will sit at. Either or, just want to hear results from a variety of people.

340 wheel with "just 1000cc injectors and an exhaust"? I'm not saying it's not true but that's quite the power gain. That would more or less put it at ~450 at the crank. Must have a godlike tune.

1000cc seems awfully high though. Is it necessary to run such a big injector for this turbo? I haven't tuned mine yet it's running an evo pump and internals, an e16g, 3" exhaust and an aftermarket cooler and piping. More or less runs the same pressure as the T25 but it feels noticeably quicker. Haven't dynod it yet but comparing to other cars, I'd say it's definitely over 250 but less than 300 at the crank. Need that ECMlink to really go big with it, LOL.

For reference, my billet small 16g on 21psi currently doesn't max out my new-to-me FIC 1000 low Z injector. They max out around 53% IDC, I cant recall lb/m, have to check a log, but I wanna say high 20s.

Injectors I like to size bigger than needed personally. With tuning options these days there's no reason to not have at least slightly oversized injectors.

325awhp on the dyno we are running 850s and only 60-62%idc. On pump anything bigger is a waste. But I will also say on the street we get up to 72-75%idc. Idk how much more power that is but should give an idea.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back