The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Rix Racing

Post your PTE 6152e DYNO and 1/4 E.T. #'s

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Car Cannibal

20+ Year Contributor
Jun 7, 2003
Chicago, Illinois
Looking to see what other DSM'ers are laying down with this turbo.

Post your

Dyno #'s

1/4 and MPH

PSI

Injectors

S cover ??

I started tuning mine ( S cover ) at 24psi with 20 degrees timing on 101 octane through 850cc injectors and it's scary. OMG :sneaky:

Sorry, no dyno or 1/4, but

SC6152e

26PSI on 93 octane
17* timing
1000cc injectors

51.5 lbs/min

best i was able to get with a engine with 90 psi across, broken 2nd gear shift fork and a slipping 2100 was a 12.7 at 113 with a 2.0 60ft on pump gas with a full 23 degrees of timing at 25 psi and it was a scm6152e. fic 650s at 128% duty cycle, LOL

best i was able to get with a engine with 90 psi across, broken 2nd gear shift fork and a slipping 2100 was a 12.7 at 113 with a 2.0 60ft on pump gas with a full 23 degrees of timing at 25 psi and it was a scm6152e. fic 650s at 128% duty cycle, LOL

The car really was 1sick91tsi, your car needs to get well.

11.3@127mph at 30psi on 780cc scm61e (stock 7bolt)

590hp. 32psi. AEM. 950's. E cover.

This turbo is now on my car and will have results on the dyno next week. The above motor was very very modified top to bottom. Now it is on a stock motor and at 36psi. Flowing 53lbs/min. SCM6176 by the way.

Steven

590hp. 32psi. AEM. 950's. E cover.

This turbo is now on my car and will have results on the dyno next week. The above motor was very very modified top to bottom. Now it is on a stock motor and at 36psi. Flowing 53lbs/min. SCM6176 by the way.

Steven

Are you serious? I thought this was a 65lbs/min turbo? I get 51-52lbs/min max out of my PTE SCM-5031... I would be pissed to only get low 50's of airflow out of a 6152 or 6176 at 25+psi...

Oh yea. 6000ft elevation. Stock intake, stocks cams, stock head, stock block. 100psi compression on all four cylinders. Come play in my neighborhood. You airflow will disappear. A local with a 50 trim and nitrous has yet to hit an 11. A healthy shot might I add.

Steven

Oh yea. 6000ft elevation. Stock intake, stocks cams, stock head, stock block. 100psi compression on all four cylinders. Come play in my neighborhood. You airflow will disappear. A local with a 50 trim and nitrous has yet to hit an 11. A healthy shot might I add.

Steven

I wasnt trying to down you in any way at all, so I am sorry if it came off that way. I was just suprised to see those airflow numbers. Now I understand... the elevation must play alot into it...

No harm taken. Just replying to the thread and pleading my case.

Steven

Great, everyone has some nice #'s.

Biglady, I have seen many on here gain 8lbs/min with an intake and cams. That car is haulin with stock parts and at that elevation, big time sleeper when you pop the hood huh. :sneaky:
What is your ignition setup since you are running 36psi??

I know what the car will gain. It was put together with spare parts. And yes it opens eyes when I open the hood. They never see it coming from a stock exteriored 89 mirage.

Stock ignition. Good for more than most know. Will probably end up running it as well when we put the GT4202 on there.

Steven

i have the 6169e and have seen 52lbs per min at 22psi. no track time with it yet

Steven

Its only a 55 dryshot, but it will be a "healthy shot" soon enough.

Altitude sucks. I could only manage 111 traps on my SCM5031e @ 26 psi (gauge pressure, which is ~23psi Absolute). Stock motor with FP2cams. Only flowing around 42lbs min or so

With my SCM6152S, I did 500awhp/460tq on the stock manifold at 26psi, 110 octane, low/mid 11.'s AFR's. Did 11.4 at 122mph

On the upgraded T4 0.81A/R turbine housing with a DNP T4 manifold, I did 630awhp/590tq on 32psi, C16 with low/mid 11.'s AFR's. Did a best ET of 11.017 with a best speed of 133MPH.

All numbers done on my 2.3L stroker 9.0:1, unported head w/272's, AEM EMS, PTE 1000cc's and walboro 255HP, Magnus SMIM.
Full weight at 3300#.

not wanting to side track this forum but im wondering where everyone is running their oil feed line? Would too much oil actually hurt the performance using the oil filter housing or is off the head enough oil?

When I bought my sc6152 I was told that the oil feed line should come from the oil filter housing with no restrictors for this turbo. The guy I spoke to on the phone had the same turbo and ran his straight from the oil filter housing to the turbo no problems. I was also worried about giving it too much oil pressure, but it turns out that these turbos need the extra oil because they are journal bearing and were designed to take the increased oil pressure.
Hope this helps

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back