The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

1G Post EGR Delete

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jgio213

Proven Member
Sep 27, 2017
Massachusetts
So I've completed the EGR delete and went to the "race only" set up via Taboo speeds diagrams. I'm just wondering is it ok to unplug the Fuel pressure solenoid and Evap Purge solenoid electrical connectors, or will those cause CEL's and any other issues if they're just unplugged and removed completely? Thanks for the info!

Attachments

• Race only emissions .gif
    Race only emissions .gif
    9.1 KB · Views: 79
Not sure if you trying to just get rid of potential boost leaks or trying to clean up the bay. But what I did was relocate the solenoids under the dash. It wasn’t hard at all and cleaned it up with out any cel.

On a 1g you should be good to go. I kept my solenoids plugged in on my 2gs and removed my egr and I always have a light for egr flow. On two cars. Many people disconnect the fpr solenoid vac hoses and tap their boost gauge in that location. I've never experienced any difference with it disconnected, though some people have some hot start hesitation.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back