The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

poor power under boost out of things to check

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lasershark

Proven Member
May 17, 2013
over yander, Idaho
so my gsx hasn't been performing under boost like it should. It doesn't pull as well as even a stock 14b does. Under boost wideband reads 10.0/1 @ (10psi). I've been reading up on things and I'm outta things that I know of to check.

Mods: 3" turbo back, evo 9 pump rewired, S16g, maft blow-thru, stock injectors (for now, have 560's but needs to be running right first) vrsf fmic, stock bov, vacuum lines deleted (Previous Owner), AC delete (PO), cruise control delete (PO)

What I've done:
adjusted tps according to TPS Adjustment plymouthlaser.com
installed new denso O2 sensor
checked mechanical timing (spot on)
set ignition timing (grounding properly)
Did boost leak test only leak was biss (fixed)- doing another next week sometime
Junkyard (tested good) ISC
replaced knock sensor with a known good one

Still waiting for my palm to get here in the mail for logging, Was all pumped up to buy V3 lite but its been discontinued???

Any help as to what I should check next or look at would be great.

not yet unfortunately I was gonna get v3 lite since I have modest goals but it does not seem to be available on their website anymore.

I should have my palm for logging within the next few days (in transit USPS takes their sweet time)

Have you tried to lean it out a little with the maf translator? Sounds a little rich up top.

the thought crossed my mind but I really wanted to wait for the logger, have the exact same set up on my talon and its not even close between the two, I might just have to give it a try:hmm:

I was just hoping that there is/was something obvious I over looked
thanks for the replies thus far

Ya. I was thinking it was lean. Mine is running like that right now. It cretes knock and the lack of fuel will bog it down. Also if its running rich check your exaust, if your running rich enough to bog it down you will see black liquid (unburnt fuel) spraying out. Black=fuel blue=oil if you didnt know.

If everything else is good, mechanical timing, ignition timing, good compression, good turbo, and no boost leaks than really there is nothing else to effect making power than the fuel ratio, or possibly the car pulling timing for some reason. The logger will tell you once you get it whether or not it is pulling timing.

alright thanks I guess its just a waiting game for the logger

one more thing to add went for a drive after the o2 change and now when i push the clutch in (pulling up to a red light or similar) rpm's drop to 4-500

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back