The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Playing the Waiting Game

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BoostFrenzy

15+ Year Contributor
Sep 29, 2006
Santa Monica, California
Well, like the title says, I am waiting. On what you ask? A turbo. Simple right? Apparently not. For you see, I purchased a turbo from a very well known vendor and I was told that it might take a little bit. So I said, "You know what, that's fine. I have to straighten up a few things anyway before that comes into play so a little wait will be fine. Now the reasoning behind the wait, was that PTE was out of the CHRA for the turbo I ordered. So that means they had both the comp housing and the exhaust housing, just not the center section. Cool, shouldn't take too long. Yeah...still waiting. Possibly because I ordered something that wasn't advertised for specs. I wanted the T04SP cover instead of the regular T04E cover. But even still, it shouldn't take this long to make one from a well know, mass production facility.

To give you a better idea, I ordered this unit on 08/28. At about the 3 week mark, I emailed the sales department of the vendor asking for an update. Like as if they had heard from PTE about the situation on the CHRA's for the turbos. I have yet to receive an email back.

I'm a little miffed about the whole situation because I am ready to bolt this sucker in and hook it all up and start tuning it and I have been for some time. And, because their web page says that the units can be shipped in 4-7 days. AND because I paid them about $1,500 for all the stuff I ordered and I got billed for it some time ago just nothing has been sent.

Since I ordered it, my battery has drained because I expected it to come "any day now" almost everyday after I buttoned everything else up. Coolant has leaked out from the return line on my current turbo (original problem with the unit) turning my parking space a nice shade of green. The back of my car has become a storage bin for my spare and needed parts and tools. And my car has gotten a new dust coat for the winter that I don't find the least bit fashionable.

So I wait for either an email telling me something I need to know, or for a nice big heavy box to show up one day. What day? Who the **** knows :mad:.

if ya can give em a call ive always found that to be the best way to get updates on orders

Thats a bummer man but I will tell you a story that might make you feel better. When I had my first gst I orderd a e316g w/install kit for a guy off dsmtrader (4 years ago about) 550 bucks, Well long story short after 20-30 calls/emails and 2 months of waiting I found out I got the shaft by this guy and he wasnt planning on shipping it at all if he even had it in the first place. My police force couldnt do anything and neither could the one in california where he was located so I was outa luck. Anyways give them a call let them know you are angry and have been ready to put it in and your car is ripped apart atm Im sure you will get it figured out.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    68.8 KB · Views: 22
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    69.1 KB · Views: 19
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    76.2 KB · Views: 23
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    94 KB · Views: 19
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    99.1 KB · Views: 20
  • Stitch welds.jpg
    Stitch welds.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 17
  • Stripped underbody.jpg
    Stripped underbody.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 15
Whoever the company is, CALL. I have had good success with the vendors that people usually poo poo on here, so have never had this issue, but the once that there was a problem, i called (it was an ebay guy) and he got everything figured out and actually sent me TWO.

so u bought it on my birthday ehh? nice, i run an online music gear shop on ebay and a website, sometimes it can take me up to 2-3 weeks to get something from the manafuctarer, and i do get pissed of people but i do either give them free shipping if that happens, most of the time you wanna make sure they have it in stock, but they are probally flooded with orders and are trying to catch up and also get the ## stuff out

It isn't a boy racer shop. It's one of our supporting vendors that not only deals with our cars, but Evos and Subarus as well. I plan on calling them on monday to see what's going on because they are in a different time zone so it is hard to get the time right to call and see what's going on.

If there is no good news when I call, I'm half thinking of just canceling the order and either going straight Garrett T3 or a FP setup. BOTH of which requires me to change...well...almost everything I already have pertaining to the turbo....

Thanks for the post guys.

it probably is tough to catch them bu im telling you just one day suck that sh!t up and call them, tell em ## order number, the date, the whole 9, and be like listen im not tryina b a d!ck but i spent alot of money, and i was just wondering where the parts are because for this much $, i should have at least recieved an update on whats going on.

when you are firm but polite, you'll be surprised the results you get.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back