The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Still waiting

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

95talongirl

Supporting Member
Feb 9, 2008
On a Jet Plane, Illinois
in my last post, I think I mentioned something how the engine surprised me with needing machine work. One would think that by now I would've learned that nothing gets by "easy" with this car.

Still love it, though.

Anyways, the machine shop told me that I should see the engine mid-April. It is being bored over .020, line honed, maganfluxed, balanced, cleaned, ect. The crank is being polished, as well. Don't recall the entire list since it is not in front of me.

So now just got to order up the bearings, balance shaft elimator kit, and a head gasket. Cometic seems to be in order for the gasket. However, I am not sure as to which one yet. I'm going to need a thicker one, since the head was fubared and needed to be milled quite a bit. .040 quite a bit. OMG Darn kids overheating their cars. :p

I just sent out the 2gb bumpers and 2ga twisty sideskirts for paint.

What else.. oh! Located some more black/grey panels for the interior swap.

That's about it for now. Back to the waiting game.....

Here's a pic of the car back on all fours.

That's not bad... its about what I paid; and they installed the valves/springs/retiainters for me. It was milled, straightened and had some mile porting done; but nothing major.

Depends on the shop. Porting and polishing are done to increase airflow and to smooth airflow. Porting makes the the intake/exhaust ports larger; usually they will port-match to the gasket. That way there's no obstruction. The intake is should also be port-matched to get the optimal benefits. Once again, its about flow. Polishing smooths out the ports. It gets rid of all the casting "bumps" and such to make a smooth surface to the airflow becomes smoother and thus flows better/faster.

That's the basics.. there are varying degreees in which you can have a head ported and polished. I wasn't too concerned since I'm still running a small-frame turbo and it wouldn't make sense to go "all out" on a setup that can only flow x-amount of air anyways.

Hope that helps!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back