The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

PCV valve removal

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Turbizmo

15+ Year Contributor
Jul 3, 2005
Salinas, California
I was just wondering if anything will happen if I take off the pcv valve and on the valve cover i put a breather and on the intake manifold i just tap it off. The reason why i am trying to do this is because on the side of my valve cover where i recently have a breather it leaks alot of oil and i dont want to get a oil catch can. i want the oil leaks to stop :mad: or can i buy me a metal pcv valve from another car and use it instead of using the cheap plastic ones they sell?

You don't wanna take out your pcv valve, a lot of people do it, but it's not good. The pcv is there to vent out crankcase pressure, and without a vacuum line hooked into the intake manifold there will be nothing pulling out the pressure, just go to a mistu dealer and buy one for like $5, they're metal and last a lot longer than autozone's or wherever.

but if I was to do this will anything happen to my engine? what about if I replace the PCV with a turbo eclipse model which are all medal????

but if I was to do this will anything happen to my engine? what about if I replace the PCV with a turbo eclipse model which are all medal????

If they're the same size then you should be fine. Just make sure you get a OEM one otherwise you'll be buying another one next month.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back