The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

pcv hose?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OutKastGSX

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 4, 2012
St. Amant, Louisiana
Hey guys just got my first dsm from the shop after new clutch and i have this pcv hose i believe on it that isent connected to a anything. any help would be appreciated.

Also the car overheated on me on the way home and the fans don't come on. i have to turn on the ac to get them to turn on. thermostat? Also the car will not start after it has been turned off. battery?

Any help much appreciated. thx guys.

Attachments

• SC20120918-231056.jpg
    SC20120918-231056.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 156
the pcv hose should be vented somehow, it looks like something was jammed into the end of it to prevent oil from spilling out the end of it.

Hey guys just got my first dsm from the shop after new clutch and i have this pcv hose i believe on it that isent connected to a anything. any help would be appreciated.

hose from valve cover should go into intake for pcv system. It can be vented but it looks bad and might make oil spills in your bay.

Also the car overheated on me on the way home and the fans don't come on. i have to turn on the ac to get them to turn on. thermostat? Also the car will not start after it has been turned off. battery?

Car overheating, did you reinstall the fan plug connectors? is the tranny grounded to body? Engine coolant temp sensor connected? It can be thermostat, but easy way to check is run the car till it is just above or at normal operating temp. When it starts the creep up, feel both the upper and lower radiator hoses. both should be really hot. If one is hot and other is "cool"then yes thermostat

Any help much appreciated. thx guys.

and we are here to help, but try to utilize the search function. most of these issues can be found by you fairly easily

Ok i was working on the car today and took some more pics. i still can't figure out where the house goes from the valve cover since my intake only has one spot and it has another hose connected to it that runs under where the battery sits. see pic 1. also i find these 4 spots by the intake many that idk what they do.### help LOL. see pic 2. also there is a small hose that connects to my intake but it is to small for the valve cover hose. what is this see pic 3.and finally i have this open hose or whatever u want to call it in pic 4. What is this?any help would b much appreciated. thanx

Attachments

• SC20120919-192622.jpg
    SC20120919-192622.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 157
  • SC20120919-192630.jpg
    SC20120919-192630.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 171
  • SC20120919-192626.jpg
    SC20120919-192626.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 160
  • SC20120919-192615.jpg
    SC20120919-192615.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 168
Pic 1: the hose that connected to the intake is for the charcoal cannister under your battery. The line from your valve cover needs to be plumbed into the intake also. Just simply drill and tap the metal pipe with a hose barb.
Pic 2: these are the coil packs. This is where the spark plug wires connect to. They need to be in s proper order for the car to run.
Pic 3: i want to say that hose runs to the BCS. Boost Control Solenoid...
Pic 4: looks like a detached brake line from the ABS module

I would just remove the hose to the charcoal canister and use that nipple for the vc vent and remove the canister. You likely don't have to pass an emission test down in Louisiana anyway. The sensor that controls the cooling fan is on the lower passenger side of the radiator.

I would just remove the hose to the charcoal canister and use that nipple for the vc vent and remove the canister. You likely don't have to pass an emission test down in Louisiana anyway. The sensor that controls the cooling fan is on the lower passenger side of the radiator.

Lol yea no emissions crap down here for anything 95 or under. only lights n blinkers. also is there a safe way to just block off the charcoal hose. it looks difficult to take the canister out as i can't see where it goes LOL.

Anyone on blocking off the filter hose. also my car will not start after i turn the car off. every time. maybe the alternator?

Lol yea no emissions crap down here for anything 95 or under. only lights n blinkers. also is there a safe way to just block off the charcoal hose. it looks difficult to take the canister out as i can't see where it goes LOL.

Anyone on blocking off the filter hose. also my car will not start after i turn the car off. every time. maybe the alternator?

The canister is super easy to remove, pull the battery than than remove the battery tray. After you get the battery you will be able to remove the canister. After the canister is removed there will be a steel line remaining that goes to the tank. There is a check valve that is attached to that line. Keep that attached to it.

Ok so i found this piece laying on the inside of the thermostat housing and i am wondering what this does and what its attached to. im about to order a new t-stat housing and i don't see it listed.does it come attached?

Attachments

• SC20120921-223621.jpg
    SC20120921-223621.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 85
Ok so i found this piece laying on the inside of the thermostat housing and i am wondering what this does and what its attached to. im about to order a new t-stat housing and i don't see it listed.does it come attached?

That is part of a broken thermostat. It is the part at the bottom that holds the spring in place.

That is part of a broken thermostat. It is the part at the bottom that holds the spring in place.

It does not appear to have come off the old one LOL. i wonder how long it has been in there. Also the thermostat that came off it was a 195°. The factory is 180° i believe as that is what i found when searching, as well as what the guy at o' rielly's said. Why would there be a 195° in there?

For the valve cover breather, run it back to your intake. If youre worried about oil vapor going into the intake do like I did and get a small engine fuel filter. Catches all the oil vapor but still lets the air go through.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

For the valve cover breather, run it back to your intake. If youre worried about oil vapor going into the intake do like I did and get a small engine fuel filter. Catches all the oil vapor but still lets the air go through.

Thanks man thats a good idea. I will have to try that. Don't guess you know what the part numbers are for the hoses that go to the thermostat housing? Mine need to be replaced and i can't find them.

The problem with running the filter in that line is that it will eventually get saturated with oil and not flow well. This will lead to high crank case pressure.

The problem with running the filter in that line is that it will eventually get saturated with oil and not flow well. This will lead to high crank case pressure.

Lol ok thanks. well Brian is that piece actually attached to the thermostat or the housing as i got a new t-stat and it did not come with it. :ohdamn:

Lol ok thanks. well Brian is that piece actually attached to the thermostat or the housing as i got a new t-stat and it did not come with it. :ohdamn:

It's actually part of the thermostat. The one that you got could be slightly different or something.

Yeah, that one will work fine.

Sweet. thanks a bunch man. I will try that new t-stat Sunday. got to go get new upper hose from o'rielly's first.Hopefully this will solve my overheating problem. If it does not i will post back.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back