The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Over-Whelmed...

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KoolTrix

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 7, 2005
Baltimore, Maryland
Christ...
I have the worst luck.

i get this car for 1500.00 and I'm starting to second think stuff.
I just sold my CRX for 1650, but now the kid wants to bring it back because of a "bent frame"...its not a bent frame, its a bent headlight assembly...Normally I wouldnt take it back...but he's 17...that voids the contract.

I'm having my Idle Problems, or Dirty Fuel...As some of you may know...

So I got some new parts, and it took me forever to get it jacked up...While?
Because it's dropped? Looks like it...I figured they just cut the springs..
So my azz is out in my yard DIGGING...underneath the car...using 2 different jacks...

LoL...gotta do what you gotta do...
So I get it up...then I had to find the special lug nut thingy in the car...cuz they're those multi-star things...for anti-theft?

Anyways...To my suprise I find this BLUE underdrive pulley...and red sportline springs.

I'm going to take pictures with my camera phone in a second, but they're not the best of pictures...I'll load them on here anyways...but...

I need to get an altenator belt on there...my father says its easy...I don't know...

Then I gotta clean the fuel injectors...but I dont really know how to get the fuel injectors out without taking the intake off...

I cant remember how i did it with my honda. The wiring for the battery isnt the best...as I was moving wires around, it would lose power, then come back...so theres a short somewhere? Like opening...i Dont know...I'm not a mechanic.

I dont really know how to check for the timing...but I'll take pictures of the camgears aswell...and the injectors...show you guys what im working with.

Anyways...I'm out of work...bored...and its the only day I can work on my car till the next time it gets warm.

Lately its been like 20degrees and snow everywhere...today is 42...so ugh...

I got till January 28th to get it all done. January 28th I get my license back...so yeah.

My momdukes is giving me till January 28th to get it on the road or else she's going to sell it.

Okay so...hold on...Imma go take pix...

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

MY KOOL RACING SEATS...STILL DEBATING ABOUT KEEPING THEM

MISSING REAR SPEAKERS...

TWO KENWOOD 6x9

ANYONE KNOW IF THEY'LL FIT???

ALSO MISSIN IS DRIVERS SIDE SPEAKER

GAUGE POD AND DAUGES...DONT WORK...

ATLEAST IT HAS A CD PLAYER...WHEW.

...LOVE MY STICKSHIFTS...

EWW...MY UGLY PEDALS...

MY DRIVER SIDE DOOR KEEPS CATCHING THE SIDE SKIRT

REAR BUMPER...BOOBOO

REAR BUMPER, PASSENGER SIDE...SCREW OUT

REAR BUMPER, DRIVER SIDE, GAP NEAR TAILLIGHTS..BODYKIT DOESNT EXACTLY FIT

FRONT BODYKIT, DRIVERSIDE, BODYKIT JUST DOESNT FIT

BODYKIT HOLDING BY DRYWALL NAILS!

EXHAUST...UNDERNEATH REAR OF CAR

SHINEY...BUT CHEAP

BATTERY CONJUCTION...LOOKS LIKE A SERIOUS HAZARD

HEADLIGHT ISNT ALL THE WAY SCREWED IN...MISSING BRACKET?

MYSTERY HEADERS...MIGHT BE PACESETTER???

COLORFUL FUSES...WONDER WHICH ONE IM MISSING OR DOESNT WORK

UNPLUGGED PLUG...MY NEXT MYSTERY!

ANYBODY KNOW? NEAR THE TRANNY/AIRBOX/ECU/BLOCK

THOSE STOCK PAIN-IN-DA-AZZ CARJACKS

I JUST USED A WRENCH OR SCREW DRIVER TO CRANK IT...PUT IF I FIND A BIG SOCKET TO FIT AROUND THOSE BARS/SQUARE END...I CAN HOOK IT UP TO MY COMPRESSOR...AND ZIP THAT THING UP AND DOWN...

GIANT AIR COMPRESSOR NEAR OUR STEEL SHED

ITS A JUNGLE IN THERE

DIDNT FIND WHAT YOU'RE LOOKING FOR, CHECK THE WOODEN SHED...

DIDNT LOAD THE OTHER PIX OF THE WOODEN SHED...BUT HEH U GET THE IDEA.

ALSO...TOOLS CAN BE FOUND IN THE BACK OF MY EXPLORER, WHICH IS DOWN DUE TO TIMING IS WAY OFF....

WELL...THATS ALL FOLKS...LESS YOU WANNA SEE MY HONDA STUFF...BUT HEH..
:dsm: :thumb:

whats on my objective for the day?

Buying few quarts of synthetic oil...any suggestion to which kind?
...anyways...fill it back up.

also...i gotta find out where that damn plug goes...

i need to get underneath the car, and follow that cable/wire coming from the exhaust...

because of my P0412 Test Code...[pulsed secondary air injection solenoid circuit {M/T}]

So that might be unplugged...it could be that plug...but I doubt it.
I follow the wiring up the front, and over the valve cover, then tucks underneath the intake manifold. PHEWIE!

Also...my clutch is feeling really light...how do I fix that?

what kind of clutch is it? if its a act or aftermaket, its supposed to feel tight. i need to know that. also, the oil, how many miles you have on it? if a lot, use high mileage oild like around 100k or more, if less then, just use mobil 1 synthetic, but overall thats the best oil to use. thats what i use on mine and it runs fine. later :thumb:

I don't know about the clutch...it has ACT Clutch Stickers though.
See I bought the car as is...but seeing how it has other mods to it...it might have an aftermarket clutch. Dont know.
But when I press the clutch...feels like I'm pressing air...

but then again I've never had a hydrolic clutch neither.

As far as milage...almost at 150k...its like 146-148k.
Anybody know how many quarts i need to buy...

I slacked off today...didnt even buy the oil.

But I did manage to see Fun with Dick and Jane.

almost ok crx for 1500? i'm down send it to me!, tell that ####y he's gotta drive junk before he get s to the good stuff. it's only high school and mc donalds for him right?. when i bought my rex at 18 it had 259000 on it, lots of bondo a motor the ran on 3 and was nearly a 2 stroke and was wrecked (totaled really) up front. but it was my project si... traded for a dead dsm after a new motor jdm fenders hood enkis... all for a battered talon with no turbo and a bad motor (unknown at time) i like to think I'm an enthusiast, not just stupid LOL

AMEN BROTHER. LoL

I mean...if he were to pay more MORE. I'd get the frame fixed.
I -was- involved in a lil fender bender with it, about 2 years ago.
Back in my 'stupid years'.
I used to street race alot, speed, run redlights, etc etc etc.
I even did donuts on a beltway late at night.
Anyways...

I was bout to head out to the mall...light drizzle.
I was coming up to a speed limit sign...where I always shift into third...
I always ride top gears, for the gas milage, then when I need power, I quickly shift back to the lower gear and take off. Just like that torque u get when you punch the throttle in a V8. Anyways...I came up to a bend just a few seconds after I shifted into third...
remember its drizzling. Light Rain.
So I shifted back down to second to slow down...well I started to skid when I downshifted...just ever so slightly, and when I hit my brakes, cuz I got nervous...it sent me into a hydroplane. I cleared straight across the road instead of turning.

So as I'm sliding...I knew I was going to hit something...so I was hoping it would slowly come to a stop before I did...so I just grabbed ahold of the wheel with both hands and braced myself for impact...I hoped to god that nothing was on the other side.

All this happened in matter of seconds, when it felt like minutes. Slow motion almost..it was crazy. unfortunately there was a van coming around that bend...and they pulled off the road heading into my direction...Bam.
We connected.

I was doing about 20-25. They must have been doing about 20-25 aswell.
So it was a light bump to me...but a huge punch for my baby.
Hood dented, bodykit falling off, headlight smashed.

The mini-van had a cracked bumper. and turns out that my new buddies were spanish. Lady jumped out her minivan screaming her head off in spanish...I was like damn lady chill out...your car is fine...look at mine...shit it was an accident...I lost control. shit...

so they ended up getting a NEW VAN, because they claimed their van as totalled. it was a bumper!!! they acted insurance fraud. I mean they drove off...so anyways. Ever since that day, my honda was sitting in my yard as a yard ornament. Well about 6 months ago...we took everything off...wrapped a chain around a tree, chain around my 86 F150...and punched the gas....my crx jumps like 2ft in the air...I thought the tree was going to come down! Basically I got the front-cross frame straightened out enough to get a new crossmember on, get the bodykit back on etc etc...

What's STILL not fixed is the Parallel Beam Frames that run along sideways with the car...on the passenger side underneath the Battery Box...it's crooked a lil bit...and inspectors wont let the car pass because of it...so thats why the kid brought it back.

Oh well...I'll get it fixed, and resell it.

LATEST NEWS...

Mother just bought a 10x30ft or 10x40 Car Port.
We're putting it up today. Has Flaps for doors, and sides.
Buying Rubber Roofing to use as flooring.

What goes into the carport? MY ECLIPSE!!!

Also I think because I hinted to "SANTA" that I need my own tool set...I think I wont have any problems looking for tools anymore.

So no matter what...rain, snow, ice, doesnt matter...my azz is going to be working on that eclipse. I'll take pictures...

Thanks for the help guys. Take Care. Happy Holidays.

MAKE SURE YOU BUY SOMETHING FOR YOUR DSM!!!!

WOW, you have some stories dont ya. thats cool though, i like to hear people talk about there previous wrecks. its sucks though. thats cool you have a carport now. are you going to try and turbo the 420a after you get everything done to it that needs to be. thats what i would do. i dont think you would just want to have a 140 hp dsm do ya? or is it just for show only? if you are going to turbo it, remember you cant run a lot of boost but you can get pretty good numbers out of it. i think 420a motors have better sompression ratio than the 4g63t's but im not for sure, seems like i heard that somewere recently. its really not that hard to turbo them at all. the forms for that is on here also. yeah, i have a twin turbo mx6 v6 2.5 liter, and i did the same thing that you did but surprisengly it didnt hurt the beast. i caught control of it before hell broke loose. im selling it right know to get another 2g. it has about 568whp right now. yeah i put a shit load of work to it,. its very rare car itself. then i put the twins on there and holy god is it bad ass. i think i only found 4 people to do that also. its packed as hell under the hood thougj. well keep in touch, later :thumb: :dsm:

Correction. The Car port is only going to be 10x20. Still enough room.
not bad for 200.00. I can buy another one...and make it a 20x20. :D

But anyways...That sounds like a bad azz car...got any pix? how much are you selling it for? post them on here or email them to me @ [email protected] or [email protected].

I dont think I'm going to turbo it. Not with 150k miles on it. I just need a car to get be from Point A to B. Once I have that done, down, I'll be putting work into my ZC-DOHC-CRX. (Second CRX).

After I have my Race-Honda...then I might put the $$ and effort into the 420a.

yeah i got pics, ill send ya some when i get home from work. im trying to get about 5-6k for it. but i migh take less. it needs a tune up and some new rear tires. and thats it. i got about 10k in it and im cutting my losses but thats what happens when you upgrade shit and then want something else. your never giong to get what you put into it never. i learned that. well ill ttyl and ill send pics later :thumb:

Not sure if anyone covered this, but if your having trouble jacking up the car because its too low, place small blocks of wood infront of your tires, then roll the car up onto the wood. This should give u enough room to slide a jack underneath. Make sure you support the car with good jackstands if you're going to be working underneath it.

Thanx Oreo...Didnt think about that. That would work.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back