The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Options

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

illmatik

15+ Year Contributor
Jul 20, 2003
OntarioCanada
Hey,
I currently own a 2gnt. I am getting really sick of not having the power i want but was unable to afford a turbo 2g at the time of purchase. Anyways, i want to hear some peoples opinions on what options i should try to aquire by next summer. the options include the three following.

1. Save for a turbo kit
2. Save for full suspension and slap in a bottle of Nitrous
3. Sell my 2gnt and work on getting a 1g awd turbo

lets hear what everyone has to say about what would be the best route to go. all sound good to me but i'm having a lot of trouble deciding. little input from everyone would be nice. :thumb:

illmatik

save for a turbo kit for sures. by u posting that number 3 option i think a flame war is about to begin

#1 for sure. if i could have afforded a turbo kit, i would have gotten one. but instead i had to settle for power in a bottle untill then. save for a turbo.

sorry, wasnt trying to start a flame war, just wanted to know what people thought about the topic. I think i want to save for a turbo kit, but i'm worried about the reliability of my internals. I know if i run low enough boost i SHOULD be fine but i've heard stories. thanks for the input so far though. either way next summer i'm hopin to have lots of fun thanks to our friend :dsm: :thumb:

#1 or #3

The only potential problem with option 3 is it's getting pretty hard to find 1G turbos that haven't been beaten on and otherwise abused/neglected. Although a 1G turbo can be found for a very good price, you have be very careful in your selection since there may be a ton of issues lurking just below the surface.

Boosting the 420A is fine as long as you're careful about it and know what you're doing :)

i found a 90 laser turbo for 500 bucks... i wanted to get it soo bad but its in ga.. im sure its still there if you want to drive down there to get it though :p

my only problem right now with option one is that i might have to sell my rims to come up with the cash. but then i think about having a sleeper on 14's running 14's so it doesnt really bother me all that bad. i dont think im going to go the nitrous route.
illmatik

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back