The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Opinions on A/C

A/C for the DSM?

• yeah put it in

Votes: 22 64.7%
  • Keep it out

Votes: 12 35.3%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I have to laugh at the weight savings thing people talk about all the time. If you don't have a track only car, TO ME its not worth losing the added comfort that A/C, cruse control and sound deadening material provides. Personally I enjoy all those things and it makes driving the car more enjoyable. In fact I added dynamat to the entire inside of my car to make it quieter. For every 100 pounds you strip from a car you gain about .1 seconds in the 1/4 mile. My car is on the road far more than its at the track..... well actually its not even on the road right now LOL. Anyhow to each his own but I'm older than most on here and I like cool and quiet LOL. :)

i took it off and its the best thing i ever did. no more power loss/overheating due to heater core. the way i see it, the less stuff you got the less that can break and go bad.

only thing i actually DO hate that i didnt think well before removing the whole system was the defrost :banghead: when it gets cold and all you can do is lower the windows your screwed but hey whatever. rain sucks also

After having my previous car without ac and now this Talon with it, there's no way I would take it all out. I daily my Talon and sitting in traffic when its over 100 degrees without ac is no fun. Plus I can't let my one year old ride with me without having ac so its my other reason.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back