The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

Opinions on FP3065?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Colossus

15+ Year Contributor
Jun 23, 2003
Crestview, Florida
I was thinken of getten the FP3065, since it's only $100 more than the FP3052.

What do you guys think of it? Anyone around here run one? Of course I'm not running it on a stock motor, but that's besides the point. I'm foncusing on mainly the reputation of the FP3065 right now.

Gimme some opinions.

youre not ready for it.

you'll love the 52.

My question wasnt wether Im ready for it, as I didn't publish what all I've got done to another motor of mine. My question was opinions and thoughts on a particular turbo.

Originally posted by Colossus
I was thinken of getten the FP3065, since it's only $100 more than the FP3052.

What do you guys think of it? Anyone around here run one? Of course I'm not running it on a stock motor, but that's besides the point. I'm foncusing on mainly the reputation of the FP3065 right now.

Gimme some opinions.

getting the 65 because its only $100 more the the 52 is a stupid reason. you should state what your setup and goals are going to be. i think the reputation for the 3065 is already out there if you look..lots of fast cars are running it

The compressor wheel is awesome....one of my favorite wheels. The turbine wheel in the -14 cartridge leaves a bit to be desired for. The T350 76trim turbine is a much better wheel, and match for the 56trim GT40 compressor. Overall its a very capable turbo.

Originally posted by the creator of the fp3065

It is too small for applications where 600+ whp is a serious goal. On the other hand it is big enough to run 145+ mph / 550-585whp and small enough to produce 1.28 60' times while offering a boost threshold around 4200rpm on most cars.

There is a special order version of the FP3065 with a larger GT35 TW, FP3565 for people wanting to give up some more boost response and be less streetable. It will crest 600whp much easier than the smaller GT30 TW. This is available but only suits maybe 2% of the population. Remember that when you get into this power level the number of cars that can use this becomes very small.

Supports around 550hp to the wheels with the proper mods. IMO, really no point in this big of a turbo unless you plan on getting a fully built bottom end and the works to take advantage of the airflow (ie revving to 8500) ..and I still wouldn't do that on a regular basis, but that's just me. I would go for the 3052 for a daily driver type application personally or even a used Green.

i sure am glad its not turbo upgrade time for me yet, to many options, makes me confused.

I really like my FP3052 even though I still need tuning. The spool up is gonna be much different than a 16g but it still hits earlier than my friend's Green. The 3052 and wastegate combo are even pretty good at only 17 psi with no boost creep.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back