1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

Oil Return Lines

Posted by Boost_Addict_88, Sep 25, 2009

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Southbay Fuel Injectors
  1. Boost_Addict_88

Boost_Addict_88 Proven Member

Joined Dec 29, 2008
    Brazil, BC, Canada
    Why do I keep breaking oil return lines? In running a Small 16G at no more then 12psi and about every 5 months, a line breaks. I'm not sure 100% if this one is (found on way to work), but its showing the signs (oil from ridged area, running down line, which is hitting and burning off my dp). It doesn't seem like a lot right now, but its really starting to piss me off. This is my third line sine I've had the car (only a year). They all break in the same area too, the ridged area. Does anyone else have this problem and how do I prevent from breaking more lines?

2. black_gst

black_gst Proven Member

Joined Jun 16, 2008
    IE, California

1K  0

1996 Eagle Talon TSi
    13.687 @ 103.210 · 2G DSM
  3. 95talonracer

95talonracer Proven Member

Joined Jan 18, 2006
    Cedar, Minnesota
    I would get the MAP one.

4. Boost_Addict_88

Boost_Addict_88 Proven Member

Joined Dec 29, 2008
    Brazil, BC, Canada
    I'm not stretching or bending it in any way (except this one is slightly bending since its from a 1G 7bolt). I bought one from Norco back in February and that one lasted 2 months. I'll check out that site.

5. 95talonracer

95talonracer Proven Member

Joined Jan 18, 2006
    Cedar, Minnesota
    If it were me I would weld on an AN fitting onto the oil pan and go that route. thats what i did.

6. JusMX141

JusMX141 Moderator

Joined Dec 13, 2005
    Greensburg, Pennsylvania
    Cut the aluminum flex section out of the stock drain leaving the two weld beads on each end. Go to your auto parts store and buy 6" of SILICONE heater hose....it must be silicone hose or it won't withstand the hot oil.

Slide the silicone hose over each of the two pieces of the drain line in place of the stock aluminum flex section, and clamp it. Your drain line is now permanently repaired.

2K  0

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    manual · 2G DSM

5K  14

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    awd · manual · 2G DSM

2K  0

1992 Eagle Talon TSi
    manual · 1G DSM

3K  0

1993 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    manual · 1G DSM
  7. Defiant

Defiant DSM Wiseman

Joined Jan 13, 2003
    glorious Galt, California
    ^- I don't know why the DSM world puts up with that goofy-assed piece of crap "flex" line that Mits sells. My '84 Datsun uses silicone line flawlessly. The silicone spec is also for the heat. You may also try truck supplies, bearing shops, and hydraulic shops- someone will have one that's even pre-bent.
    If you have kinking issues, find a spring that's the same diameter as the inside of the tube (such as a screen door spring), and that will keep it from collapsing.

3K  0

1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    manual · 2G DSM