The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

oil leak by oil filter

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stheodore10

10+ Year Contributor
Apr 3, 2012
Hillsborough, New_Jersey
so around 3 months ago i had a leak from the oil filter that i did a bang up job on repairing since i was in seaside, very far from home. i sprung another leak today and i assumed it was the oil filter until i changed it and chANGED the oil and i thought i was done. i saw no leaks. then i turned on the car and ran it and it looked like it was ocming from above or at the oil filter. i wanted to see if anyone could help out before i bring it to the shop. :pray: maybe related: ive had a boost leak and/or something wrong with the turbo, or exhaust as it sounds a little weird when i rev it.

the leak only happens when i turn on the car. its a steady leak, not too big, but significant

There is a gasket in between the oil filter housing and the oil cooler, if it is bad, it will lleak but not much, you have to ake off the oil filter and insert a sucket to remove the bolt, once you remove it, it will come apart , yo will see a gasket in between that looks identical as the oil fier gasket.
I had the same problem and I replaced it with an old oil filter gasket that I used to have.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back