The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

Oil housing AN Fitting.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seth98es

15+ Year Contributor
Oct 2, 2003
Keokuk, Iowa
I recently bought an oil cooler kit from DSMotorsport.com to use with my 90 style oil housing, at least I think it is? The motor is a JDM 6gvr4 motor with the b16g/510cc injectors. Arent the 90s the only year with an external oil cooler? Anywho the 2 AN fittings that screws into the oil housing seem to be too big, they wont screw in. Compared to the banjo bolt that was originally in there the AN fitting looks a tad larger. So what is the correct size AN fitting for my housing? I'll try to take a picture of the housing but probably not untill Sunday. Thanks!

The fittings provided in the DSMotorsport kit require you to retap the oil filter housing to 3/8" NPT. The thread size stock is (as linked) 16x1.5 but if you call most places such as Summit, you will find that this part number is indefinitely backordered, or at least has been for the past few months. It's availability now I am unaware of.

This thread has alot of good information for installing an external oil cooler. The one thing it did not answer is what parts I need to purchase to retain the stock 90 oil cooler and add AN lines. Can it be done? What parts do I need?

Thanks,
Chris

seth98es said:
hmmm the fittings I got with the kit are blue, that means they are AN correct? Ill have to email DSMotorsport real quick.
No, just because they are blue, that doesn not mean they are AN. AN fittings have a flare tip, where as NPT fittings are tappered and are flat on the end. Most fittings in general are red and blue. Like Michael said, they are NPT on the housing side and AN on the hose side. :thumb:

Don't retap the housing.

My friend did that and he couldnt keep the pos from leaking.

Just buy 2 16x1.25mm to whatever -an size you need. I used -an 8 personally.

machv.com
bakerprecision.com
laneautomotive.com

Any of those places have them. I got mine from Lane Automotive only because they are local to me. They did have to order them in though. Took like 3 days but it was still cheaper then waiting for a dealer to mail them.

If you order them from Lane they will have them shipped right to you from the manufactor if needed.

kristmen said:
laneautomotive.com

Any of those places have them. I got mine from Lane Automotive only because they are local to me. They did have to order them in though. Took like 3 days but it was still cheaper then waiting for a dealer to mail them.

If you order them from Lane they will have them shipped right to you from the manufactor if needed.
Where are you located at??
I am a salesman for Lane Automotive (Motorstate).
Do you have an account with us?

kristmen said:
Just buy 2 16x1.25mm to whatever -an size you need. I used -an 8 personally.
Are you sure it's 16x1.25mm?? What manufacturer was the fitting? Earls, Russel, Aeroquip, XRP.....??

Don't retap the housing.

My friend did that and he couldnt keep the pos from leaking.

That's because the tap probably wasn't taperd for pipe threading. A little jb weld goes a long way in leak prevention.

Sorry if I was not very clear on my question. IF I want to use the actual external cooler (not the part that bolts to the engine) what parts do I need to hook up AN fittings and hose?

Thanks,
Chris

I ment 16x1.5mm

I was sitting here ordering some bolts and trying to reply to the question and I typed 1.25 for some reason. Happened to be the pitch of the bolts I was ordering ;)

Sorry about that.

O and Paul, yes I know who you are. No I dont have an account with you guys. Wanna give me your discount? You would be my new best friend :)

We met once before.

I also think you know some of my friends a little bit.

You remember that black cherry 1G with the built engine, built head, tre tranny, bushcur fmic, evo 16g, maft, tial bov, blah blah with the body kit on it? I think that was you my friend took for a ride in it there at Lane couple months back. Dont remember exactly.

We had come down for ignition parts after doing a jdm 6bolt engine swap into that red 2G Spyder GST.

Anyway I was the guy with the silver/black 1G who should up right before everyone left. Always late to the party so to speak :p

As for those part numbers I think these were it. These are all cut and pasted from Lanes online parts lookup btw. I find it interesting that Endura ones in stock though. They never used to be so you might wanna double check that part number for me but according to Russels catolog, thats the Endura version of the 16x1.5mm adaptor.

Aeroquip
AERFCM2244
ADPTR SAE37 STRGHT ALUMS
$12.31
Special Order Item

Russels
RUS670550
Metric Adapter -8 X 16mm
$9.49
Special Order Item

Russels
RUS670551
Endura Adapter Fitting
$8.99
Item In Stock

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back