The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

OFFICIAL: NC/SC DSM Shootout October 4th, 2008

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ya but im telling ya its not the safc. i think your dude was right on the timing. i bet i jumped a tooth. too bad im sick right now so i cant give it a check but ill try to get at it this weekend. so ill prob hit you up sometime. i just cant wait for next weekend. im ready to cruise.

Jumped a tooth.....wow. Your belt wasnt even loose to me but anyway its a try. Im rolling to get my part today or tomorrow

WhooT! So I'm back from the sand box. We are going to be making the drive up to this shoot out but not with a car. Still being built. I should already be on the list from talk Lilredeclipse.

I met Andrew already , Spoolin we have to meet up sometime!

WhooT! So I'm back from the sand box. We are going to be making the drive up to this shoot out but not with a car. Still being built. I should already be on the list from talk Lilredeclipse.

I met Andrew already , Spoolin we have to meet up sometime!

spoolin is pretty cool ive met him before

ya but im telling ya its not the safc. i think your dude was right on the timing. i bet i jumped a tooth. too bad im sick right now so i cant give it a check but ill try to get at it this weekend. so ill prob hit you up sometime. i just cant wait for next weekend. im ready to cruise.

dont u got and aircraft to work on.....Man I grinding a little bit in 2nd now. Like i said more money more problems

speaking of trans fluid...Anyone know of a way to get the drain plug off my tranny? It on there really tight and since the bolt is so shallow the socket just slips off. Not to mention getting leverage while on your back is hard.:notgood:

p.s. cant wait for this sat :D

speaking of trans fluid...Anyone know of a way to get the drain plug off my tranny? It on there really tight and since the bolt is so shallow the socket just slips off. Not to mention getting leverage while on your back is hard.:notgood:

p.s. cant wait for this sat :D

I always used a combination wrench.

dont u got and aircraft to work on.....Man I grinding a little bit in 2nd now. Like i said more money more problems

ya ya. Dont talk about the grind in 2nd, maybe it will just go away, haha. Im going to the auto hobby shop today to fix my exhaust leak and do an oil change. Just wanted to know if you needed a lift for anything.

ya ya. Dont talk about the grind in 2nd, maybe it will just go away, haha. Im going to the auto hobby shop today to fix my exhaust leak and do an oil change. Just wanted to know if you needed a lift for anything.

What time are u going because im off early today. My furniture is getting intown today

speaking of trans fluid...Anyone know of a way to get the drain plug off my tranny? It on there really tight and since the bolt is so shallow the socket just slips off. Not to mention getting leverage while on your back is hard.

Lots and lots of PB blaster, busted knuckles, and profanity; then finish up with the impact. It's worth every penny.

What brand...idk....I went to Jiffy lube and had it done this past spring when i first got the car.. They checked it when I was in Florida tto and it was still full.. I think its my clutch skills LOL.

Oh, man! See if you can get your hands on some BG Syncroshift trans fluid or at least some Pennzoil Syncromesh (not as good, but better than nothing); at any rate, this might help with the grinding in 2nd. The Laser ground 2nd and 3rd bad when I first got it. I changed the trans fluid and put in Syncromesh; it made a big improvement. I'm going to change it again, using the BG Syncroshift, after the shootout.

RRE sells BG, 3quarts/$29
They sell Pennzoil at Autozone

We will be meeting at the SUBWAY (as in Sub-sandwich) at 300 E Broad Ave. in Rockingham, NC starting at approx. 12:00-12:30pm. I already let them know we are coming and about how many people will be there. E Braod Ave. is basically 74, and is very close to where 74 and 1 meet, which is located not far from R.D. Let me know if you have any questions.:thumb:

What? ANd I thought taco bell was gonna be bad...this is a step down.LOL

Well im not going to be able to come now. Yesterday the steering column sheared all the splines so when i turned the wheel left, the car went straight. haha, so i need to fine a new column and rack (the old one was fried) before saturday to make it out there. Anyone know anyone with a shell or a parts car willing to make some money?? to make things worse the tow truck driver pulled the car soo far foreward on the bed, he jammed the intercooler into the winch and now i have a big dent(and hopefully not a hole). Amateurs

I dont know if anyone has thought of this, but what is the gas situation like in Rockingham? Some parts of the carolinas have a major gas shortage.

Well im not going to be able to come now. Yesterday the steering column sheared all the splines so when i turned the wheel left, the car went straight. haha, so i need to fine a new column and rack (the old one was fried) before saturday to make it out there. Anyone know anyone with a shell or a parts car willing to make some money?? to make things worse the tow truck driver pulled the car soo far foreward on the bed, he jammed the intercooler into the winch and now i have a big dent(and hopefully not a hole). Amateurs

Hes going. he bought a tick on the GSX rollercoaster LOL....we will see if we can get it straight next week to embrass that supra again

I dont know if anyone has thought of this, but what is the gas situation like in Rockingham? Some parts of the carolinas have a major gas shortage.

Well, last week FOX news reported on the topic; Asheville, NC was said to be the most effected/worst/least with gas. I can tell you we are about 80-90% back online, so i'm not too worried. I drove all the way down to Shelby, and although they had some stations without gas, I had no trouble finding 93. There is a thread on CADSM, that they are listing places you can find gas across NC/SC.

Where have you found gas? - CarolinaDSM Forums

Well, last week FOX news reported on the topic; Asheville, NC was said to be the most effected/worst/least with gas. I can tell you we are about 80-90% back online, so i'm not too worried. I drove all the way down to Shelby, and although they had some stations without gas, I had no trouble finding 93. There is a thread on CADSM, that they are listing places you can find gas across NC/SC.

Where have you found gas? - CarolinaDSM Forums

I already emailed them and got a reply back, they said so far they havent had any problems with gas shortages.

^^ Thanks for doing that; that's good for everyone to know. I'll pass that on to the other sites. Also, I just spoke with Steve Earwood, and he said everythings good for tomorrow. He also said that we can come to the track early around 3pm; this will give everyone time to set-up, and make sure everthing is good to go with thier car. See all of you tomorrow!

:rocks:

I cant wait! I gave the talon a wash, and checked all her fluids. She's good to go. I'll be leaving wilmington here 9 a.m bright and early. :thumb:

I got the Talon back together and bathed it and the Laser; didn't get time to tune.:( Might do a little on the way down. Leaving here by 9am.

yea i wont be making it :( my car still doesnt have a turbo on it today ran out of time last night putting on all new lines for the turbo and helping my brother put in his wideband

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back