The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

OFFICIAL: NC/SC DSM Shootout October 4th, 2008

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

About 15 DSM 20 people showed up. Most were from DSM TUners/ DSM Purity? ( DSM GIRLS!) and a few of us from Charlotte / Concord. 5-10 folks Ran. We pretty much had the place to ourselves. Beutifull Day! I had to leave early to go drink Beer (October fest)and didn't get to see 5.5kl run his car but last I talked to him he wa @ 12.2 and still tuning for his 11's @ 8:00pm. Sana brought his ZX-10 and ran in the 9's with it.

I was the guy in the RED 2g GST w/ stock muffler ( I win the FASTEST /QUIETEST DSM prize ;)

SUCKS for that one poor felllas BONE STock 1G that shredded the timing belt. If your reading this You need to inspect that your oil pump didn't seize, the way the belt tore it looked like something stopped in there and it streched the belt around whatever toothed gear till it broke. One other fella from Fayettville had a MAF fail on him, hopefully he got home in Limp mode.

I hope everyone else got home without indident. Nice to meet you all and thanks Adam for Organizing the event. THanks for Filming Clint! (BoostinforChrist) I'll get a VID edited soon.

oh and yeah.. YOU ALL HAVE BOOST LEAKS!! I'v never seen so many Non re-circulated Draw thru cars. Button it up fellas! Most of the guys were stock and didn't have much more than a fuel pump /16g. All street driven save for the Silver 1G. There was a good amalgamation of set ups that just NEED SOME Injectors and Tuning!. .

I did enjoy the trouble shooting and jumping from car to car to patch things up as failures started to occur. People... Bring tools if your gonna hit the track with a DSM. I mean really.

I Ran my GST, stock Muffler bolted on (I Wont do that again, car felt like a conjested coke head. 22 psi /93 oct, just a wee bit of knock showed up. Still on stock AFR's and Timing. Car ran flawlessly and was very consistant. I think now I'm just some race gas a little tuning and twist of the boost controler from getting back to my 12's

My runs went as follows
Run1
60ft2.2
1/8 8.8 (bleh, I miss my B28) Car ran 8.4 years ago with the B28
ET 13.431@106.

Run2
60ft 2.2
1/8 8.8 (WTF happened to my 8.4's!)
ET [email protected]

Run3
60ft 2.1 (tryed slipping the clutch and it worked)
1/8 8.717
ET 13.327 @106.63

Run 4 AGainst the TRailered Silver 1g FWD with 60-1 RED ( been years since i'd seen a Turbonetics EX mani. fkn cool/clean car) Lighted me ( chump ) But I out ET'd him. Nice car, It looked like you were getting it dialed in and its obviously got alot potential if you can get it to hook out of the hole.

60ft 2.31
1/8 8.77
ET [email protected] to his [email protected]

Yeah I felt bad for that guy. If somone had a timing belt I would have at least tried to see if he got lucky and see if the valves closed. But it wasnt turning over so it's probably locked up on the bottom end.

I was prety upset that everytime I tried helping someone out and asked for tools they said I dont have any or extra parts. Everyone was using the same guy's set of tools. Prety sad if you drive a DSM and don't have tools at the track!!!

I was the guy in the extreme psi shit / black hat and my wife had her DSM bi*** shirt on.

Haha yea it sucks my timing belt broke. And I think you are right ChltDSM is right, I think my oil pump seized up on my beacuse i remember seeing my oil pressure gauge going crazy right before the belt broke. On a side note, I cant get up with my uncle who's trailer I was gonna borrow to get my car back home. :cry: Uhaul wouldnt let us rent a trailer because we dont have a 1-ton truck.:notgood:

overall looks like you guys had a blast.........we need to get another evo/dsm meet over there again like we did in JUNE.........

how many people showed up?

Me and Clint tried to do head/car count; at the events peak I think there was a total of about 40 people at the event. Not all ran and not all were DSMers. 16 DSMs in all, about half-1G and half-2G.

About 15 DSM 20 people showed up. Most were from DSM TUners/ DSM Purity? ( DSM GIRLS!) and a few of us from Charlotte / Concord. 5-10 folks Ran. We pretty much had the place to ourselves. Beutifull Day! I had to leave early to go drink Beer (October fest)and didn't get to see 5.5kl run his car but last I talked to him he wa @ 12.2 and still tuning for his 11's @ 8:00pm. Sana brought his ZX-10 and ran in the 9's with it.

Run 4 AGainst the TRailered Silver 1g FWD with 60-1 RED ( been years since i'd seen a Turbonetics EX mani. fkn cool/clean car) Lighted me ( chump ) But I out ET'd him. Nice car, It looked like you were getting it dialed in and its obviously got alot potential if you can get it to hook out of the hole.

60ft 2.31
1/8 8.77
ET [email protected] to his [email protected]

ChltDSM, thanks for the help with the car. I still have a LOT of work to do, to get the Talon running good. 5.5kl ran a 12.1 on our last run of the night. Also, the Silver 1g ended up running a 12.5, before the night was over.

Thanks to all who came and I hope everyone enjoyed themselves. :)

Also, thanks to the silver 1G, for the tow.;)

I finialy have some decent pics of my talon.:thumb:. On a side, would have gotten to the track to late to get it yesterday so i had it towed to a shop. Can't get up there till wednesday, gonna get raped on towing and storage fees.

Also, I'm hoping my head, valves and all that arent completely F'd. Then again, I am.:thumb:

yeah she was fun, props to boostjunky for putting it together. I was in guy in the red laser that couldn't hit second gear :) Hopefully next time they'll have some good gas in the beginning. My 14.7 turned in to a 12.6 with some gas and a little boost. Having the track to ourselves was great! Hope to do it again some time.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back