The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Of scavenging effect, exhaust velocity and pipe sizing

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nice wikipedia cite. Too bad you missed the most important part of the equation, compressible flows. There are several rules of thumb that give you a starting point. As well, some basic fea analysis can give you a better idea. But to gain any real insight to the underlying fundamentals requires a graduate degree in mechanical engineering. The processes in which gas exchange occurs in an ICE are far too complicated for the layman to understand.

the best thing to do is aquire a copy of Gordon P Blair's "design and simulatio of 4 stroke engines". Be advised, while it is tuned down toawrd the layman, it is indeed heavy reading and the concepts described as grossly simplified. I may have a digital copy........

I know you are talking about nt, but the principle is the same... the car gets louder, the foot gets heavier. The only claim you can make on a performance loss is straight up dyno numbers. Not gas mileage.

MPG is the only real number i had to refer to. Probably should say that it felt like performance increased/decreased.

Did not even know about some of the concepts y'all are mentioning. Bring on the books!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back