The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

Oem looks with a little twist

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wobet

10+ Year Contributor
Dec 25, 2010
Saint john, NB_Canada
So I've been thinking. I love the stock purple my 96 spyder is, but should I remove the Wing?

It's lowered and super clean as I drive by, but I want to do a mod to the hood similar to the wrx sit just smaller. Anyone have a picture of hood mods or of super nice spyders?

Heres a few of a local SD DSM's Spyder, he fell off the face of the earth though so I have no idea what the car looks like now...
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

:dsm:

I love it! I was thinking carbon hood on my purple spider and that wing and carbon trunk. (keeping the black/carbon look down the center). I wish he didn't put "turbo between the lights, and I wish he kept factory sideviews that were red

I love it! I was thinking carbon hood on my purple spider and that wing and carbon trunk. (keeping the black/carbon look down the center). I wish he didn't put "turbo between the lights, and I wish he kept factory sideviews that were red
Since your trying to keep things subtle you can do a cool trick with CF and candy paint, you spray the CF with candy paint and it shows the weave. Heres a Barcelona Red DSM with a hood sprayed with candy paint over the CF...

Since your trying to keep things subtle you can do a cool trick with CF and candy paint, you spray the CF with candy paint and it shows the weave. Heres a Barcelona Red DSM with a hood sprayed with candy paint over the CF...

That is exactly what I have been looking for is something like that. That's sweet

That is mine right now. That CF would be nice

I for sure want hids. I want to paint my stock rims.

Heres a few of a local SD DSM's Spyder, he fell off the face of the earth though so I have no idea what the car looks like now...

What the hell bumper is that? If it's just a lip I WANT IT.:hellyeah:

oh no! a non OEM bumper, a light bar, big turbo decal and a big front lip with projector headlights! Where is everyone to say how ### and ricer the car is?

Yes sir... :) The red spyder has it done to the hood as well, its just not as noticeable.

Cookmeup, that is a OEM bumper with a lip on it and I think the light bar on a Spyder is pretty original since I've never seen it done before. I do think the TURBO decal is a bit much as well as the altezza tails and dual exhaust.

OMFG that candy painted hood.. I just nutted

Oops LOL I don't know why I said non-oem. I meant to say OEM. But regardless, where are the haters. I like this car.

Call the local body shop, out here in SoCal candy paint isn't cheap and its a bit pricey when you add it onto the cost of the CF hood as well. I like it too but don't make enough to pay the price tag to get it done. I'm not sure what candy color they could use for black?

Yeah, you're right. I'm sure they could use a diluted black to smoke out the CF look a bit. But if I got a CF hood, I would probably just paint it black anyways. I love the clean OEM look.

wow.... that candy painted CF hood looks awesome! never seen that before! The red spyder is one clean dsm!

Yes sir... :) The red spyder has it done to the hood as well, its just not as noticeable.

Cookmeup, that is a OEM bumper with a lip on it and I think the light bar on a Spyder is pretty original since I've never seen it done before. I do think the TURBO decal is a bit much as well as the altezza tails and dual exhaust.

I did.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back