The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

no turn signals, no cluster, no rpm, no rear defrost, no rear wiper

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newdsmtnr96

15+ Year Contributor
Apr 16, 2005
Des Moines, Iowa
Ok i just recently bought a turbo gst 2g. I been fixing issues that the previous owner tried to rice the car out. Like the gauges there were aftermarket,Te aftermarket gauges were Glued to the stock gauges and does not work. But heres my question. I been searching all morning and could not find a answer. I check the fuse in the turning signal port from fuse box. I checked the balbs I even read where there is suppose to be a relay under the heater a/c. Found nothing there. The turning signals will not come on. the Cluster will also not come on and the rear wiper does not come on. I have looked over this car so many times trying to find out what the issue is. Does any one have any ideas? I could really use some help on this because i have spent about 3 hrs trying to find the issue. More info when lights are on the corner lamps are working perfectly and i do not have any hazards or rear defrost eather. I been googleing and searching and yeah kinda stressed out a little.

If any ideas i do appretiate the help

Thanks

Newdsmtnr96 from nt 420a-to-turbo 4g36t

Get a test light. Turn the key on, ground the test light to the negitive batery cabel. Go through and check the fuses. If they are all correct, then start tapping relays lightly with the back of a screw driver to see if any are sticking. Remember just because the fuse does not say " turn signal " it could still have something to do with it. Like on some GM cars, if the cigarette lighter fuse blows, the obd2 jack wont work.

ok so i taped on every little relay i seen. I think its completely out or something. I dont know where to even look for grounds.

Sorry all i just downloaded IE spell so it should be better now for spelling

Yea i just checked, the hazards and everything is connected. I really am starting to think its some relay but i don't know where. Does this help any one?? This is under the dash. I kicked it once some where with my left foot and i had a signal and flashers for about 10 sec. I don't know where i kicked tho i think it is some where around these relays. Do you know what the relays are? Cheltons does not help much.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

If you " kicked " it and it worked, it is either a lose wire(s) , plug(s) , or the relay is stuck, just go through and match the relays to something else with the same exact relay to test them. Or better yet, if they are all the same size, just go to a parts store and buy 1 relay till you figure it out. Just when you figure it out as to which relay is the one for the turn signals, dont switch something like the fuel pump relay with it and leave it in there. Go and buy a replacement. Dont need your fuel pump going in and out ;)

The fact that it did work after kicking it is a good thing.

Take the kick panel apart and also the the driver side door jam. A while back a wire underneith the carpet on the driverside broke and was loose and I had the same issue.

Take the kick panel apart and also the the driver side door jam. A while back a wire underneith the carpet on the driverside broke and was loose and I had the same issue.
im going to have to agree with him on that one if its routed under the carpet there has got to be some friction wich could cause the wire to start gettin ripped up :) also i would rip out all the fuses one by one and check them on my nissan i actually had a blown audio fuse that said it was the last one on the top row on the cover of the fuse box turned out it was the middle of the fuse box ??? i dont know why it was mislabeled but check all of them anyway LOL the previous owner used glue to hold the gauges on thank you for rescuing that poor DSM from the ricer plauge im sure the cars way happier with you :) good luck :)

Hey thanks allot Today i FINALLY FIX IT I'm so happy it seems the moron that had the car cut all the wires and was sitting in the back of the trunk. The harness that goes to the fuse box. i didn't see it because it was wrapped in black tape. So i went to advanced and did some Major wiring. i don't know how the turning signal worked when i kicked it. But its all fixed now. wow i went Through everything i could. Thank you all for helping me i appreciate it and in time i will be-able to help in return some time

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back