The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

420A No start, No spark, No fuel. I replaced CKP sensor and it fixed everything but failed 12 hours later

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

langelg6

Proven Member
Nov 4, 2019
Hammond, Indiana
1995 Eagle Tallywhacker Esi
N/T FWD 5 speed M/T

symptoms:
No spark at coil, no fuel pump prime, no fuel injector pulse and alternator slowly gets weak slowly reducing cranking power unless hooked up to a jump.

I replaced the CKP sensor the other day, hooked it up to a jump and to my surprise it fired up and code P01391 went away.. I drove it around a few hours to make sure alternator was ok... 12 hours later while driving home the car cut off and all of the same problems came back

The CKP sensor was $25 off eBay so it might be a bad new sensor but even with cheep chinese parts their is no way it can crap out only 12 hours later of it arriving on my doorstep

Going to try a new ASD and MFI relay and keep you updated

is it possible for the wiring to have gone bad ?? and how should I test the engine side of the harness to make sure its in working order

Maybe a bad connector at the crank sensor, and a cheap sensor I guess could potentially go bad quickly.

Just replaced pig tail connector for harness side, still no dice any suggestions anybody please idk how a car can just go out again in 12 hours

First off, what does "CKP" mean? That should be most commonly CAS, or CPS...

Anyway, I would prefer one from the local autoparts store over an Ebay one. Some people have to learn lessons the hard way about Ebay crap.

So what I'm saying is, buy a NEW and NAME BRAND sensor and report back.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back