The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

1G No spark After Coil Pack replacement

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zachsEVO3

15+ Year Contributor
Apr 1, 2008
Ithaca, New_York
I have hit a wall with my 1gb GSX to the point where I'm considering selling it.

It was determined I had a bad coil (running on 3 cylinders) after discovering cylinder 1 had a super weak spark so I bought a new one off rockauto. Initially when I installed it, it seemingly started up on all four cylinders. Then I went to dinner, tried to start it up again and it sputtered and died at every attempt and now its as if I'm not getting any spark at all.

I have no idea what connection could have been tweaked I tried spraying its one triangular plug and the control module plug beneath it with crc electrical cleane.

THe starter still turns it over but no spark anywhere now. Is the connection just bad now you think? Has the ignition control module or that conncetion decided to take a dump you think? Thats the only other plug i disconnected to make installation easier, but again it started fine the first time....and only the first time.

Also if you have any suggestions as to how I should attempt to sell this car I'm all ears ha.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back