The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

no more than 9 lbs of boost

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danyz250f

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 13, 2005
Rexburg, Idaho
this is actually a question for my friends car. He has a 95 gs-t 5-speed that is stone stock except for a system, under glow, and boost and air/fuel guages.

so here is my question we installed the guages then went to put the mbc on and did all the hook ups after being educated by vfaq and thought we were good to go well no matter how far you turn the screw in on the mbc boost doesn't go up or down, other people have looked at the setup who have done the same thing say it is all hooked up right. We even went as far as to pull the hose off the waste gate actuator and no change in boost. I checked the turbo for shaft play and there was almost none at all. The car is in great condition and only has 80,000 miles on it. i dont think it is a boost leak, and even if it is wouldnt the boost change a little, most of the time the boost doesnt even get to 9lbs its more like 7-8. The stock bc is un hooked completely and we have also left it plugged in but with the vac lines off of it. I wondered if it is the waste gate so i moved it back and fourth and it moved freely could it be broken inside the turbo? the turbo still spools fine. :confused:

i have read alot of forums and found similar problems and i tried their solutions but obviously they did not work. this is a frusterating problem and would love to have some input.

If you can move the actuator freely with your hand, the actuator is defective and the flapper is probably being blown open by the exhaust flow.

to move the actuator i really have to try hard, but i can put an ajustable wrench on the rectangle thing the arm attaches to that goes into the housing, then i can move it freely but if it is the actuator how can it be fixed? or can it be fixed?

Used 14b/16g actuators should be pretty easy to find. Check boneyards, call turbo vendor, dsm shop....someone must have a dead 14b sitting around collecting dust.

im having a simular problem..could it be that the stock 2g bov isnt holding more than 10psi?

i have a 4g63 nt with a t25 slapped on.. more than 10 psi isnt possible,even with the screw on the mbc backed all the way out..

do all stock bovs leak above 10 psi(read that somewhere)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back