The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

No Intermittent Wipers

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YERFDOG

Proven Member
Feb 10, 2013
Bay Area, California
Hey everyone!

So I was having a couple problems with my front wiper system. First the wipers would not "park" after being turned off. I replaced the motor and it fixed that problem. But still have an intermittent wiper problem. That function does not work. I have slow, medium, and fast speeds but no intermittent/delay. SO I replaced the switch. Still no intermittent! After looking at a wiring diagram (found on here) the intermittent relay is built into the switch so that SHOULD have fixed the issue. BUT, I replaced it with a brand new aftermarket switch that may just be junk. What is a little suspicious is that the switches (old and new aftermarket) have the same markings/part numbers. So I'm wondering if it too is an aftermarket replacement changed by the previous owner that was maybe trying to fix the "parking" feature of the wipers. The switches I have say "066" in two spots and >POM<.

I was wondering if anyone had an OEM switch lying around and could take a look at what #'s are on it or if it has a Mitsubishi logo ect...I'm thinking both switches I have are aftermarket junk.

Thanks!

I have an OE wiper switch off my car lying in a box, I just checked it out and it has the same "066" and >POM< markings.

EDIT
Just to clear things up, there is no "slow, medium,fast" setting on the wiper switch. There are four settings "OFF, intermittent, medium, fast" so your what you're calling slow is the intermittent setting you just speed up the time between wipes by twisting the knob at the end of the switch.

I'm assuming you're trying to turn on the intermittent wipers properly but just want to cover all the bases before you start troubleshooting this further.

O : off
--- : intermittent (twist knob to speed up or slow down)
: medium
⎮⎮ : fast

EDIT
Just to clear things up, there is no "slow, medium,fast" setting on the wiper switch. There are four settings "OFF, intermittent, medium, fast" so your what you're calling slow is the intermittent setting you just speed up the time between wipes by twisting the knob at the end of the switch.

I'm assuming you're trying to turn on the intermittent wipers properly but just want to cover all the bases before you start troubleshooting this further.

O : off
--- : intermittent (twist knob to speed up or slow down)
: medium
⎮⎮ : fast

Wow! I totally over-looked that. The intermittent DOES work then! I was trying to do it on the faster speeds. I guess I'm used to my two other vehicles that have the ability to have an intermittent setting on ALL speeds. I'm very new to DSM's and sometimes you gotta learn the hard way! Now to see if I can return this switch. :toobad: Thanks for the help!! I appreciate it!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back