The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

Wipers not working

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dsmj89

10+ Year Contributor
Nov 11, 2008
Miami, Florida
My front and rear wipers are not working, i have all new fuses on both inside and outside fuse boxes and still nothing.
What do you guys think it could be ?
I have tried a different rear wiper switch and nothing, but it's weird how both front and rear coicidentially don't work, any ideas ?

My front and rear wipers are not working, i have all new fuses on both inside and outside fuse boxes and still nothing.
What do you guys think it could be ?
I have tried a different rear wiper switch and nothing, but it's weird how both front and rear coicidentially don't work, any ideas ?

So you replace the relay in the column?

Have you tested for power at the wiper motors?

There's a relay in the column ? Where exactly in the column is it located ?
And not yet but i will go get it tested for power.

i just encountered the same problem today... i actually got it on video. :ohdamn:
Did you find the solution?

Rain X is amazing if your wipers aint working for the time being,

1. Check the realys
2. Check to see if the motor for them went out
3. all else fails again RainX is AMAZING

Problem still not solved, been busy getting a manifold with wastegate port and ecu socketed and fixed,LOL.

I yet to find where is this relay located, anyone know ?

Column switch ? I already replaced the wiper switch on my steering column if that's what you meant.

I'm about to try another friend's wipers out of curiosity but i would like to first know where i can find the relays that pertain to the wipers.

Well, there's the relay/fuse, the switch, and the actual wiper motor.

the easiest thing would be to test the motor. and since it's easier to access, start with the front wiper motor. to get to it, take the little black piece off from in front of the windshield wipers, then the motor will be on the passenger side. inspect the wiring and go from there and make sure it has a good ground.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back