The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

No charge condition.....1g, wiseman help please.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jankenshank

10+ Year Contributor
Oct 23, 2008
Nashville, Tennessee
Hey guys....

quick overview of mods.... G4CS with 90amp DSM alt relocated to the back with Jays kit, redtop optima battery, relocated to the trunk, battery kill switch.. doesn't matter if tested at idle or with revs still get same result.

the engine is running of battery voltage alone... 11.5 volts with a fully charged battery and slowly looses voltage when driving, the battery light is NOT on when the engine is running, the bulb is good as it illuminates when IGN on ENG off.

battery voltage is getting to the ALT connector reading

IGN off ENG off
white wire = 12.4v black/white stripe = 0.01v

IGN on ENG off
white = 12.1v black/white stripe = 10.5v

IGN on ENG on
white = 12v black/white stripe = 10.5v

B terminal on alt when IGN off and IGN on is 0v, but with the engine running its reading 43.5volts!! but across the battery its 11.5>

Had my alternator bench tested at an alt shop and tested good 5 times, but as soon as its back in the car it doesn't charge the system.

i have replaced the alternator, replaced the Alt fuse with another 100amp fusible link, replaced the alt relay with another known good relay and had the battery replaced... also cleaned the wires/connectors and traced them for shorts.... found nothing.. added a ground strap to the alternator case.... nothing.

Kind of stumped....

any help is greatly appreciated..

thanks in advance
Janken

Check the wires from the alternator at the fuse. See if power is getting that far. If you have power at the terminal but nothing at the end of the wire, I would think that your problem would be something within there.

I had tons of Alt issues -.-. I switched to a 1 wire, self igniting, GM alternator and never looked back.

i am getting voltage at the fuses and getting voltage to the alt connector.

found loose wires... coming off the B terminal at the alt..... Repaired them and fixed the issue...

13.5-13.7volts running at the battery...

Thank You for your help!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back