The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Nitrous for the launch

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The flywheel bolts need to be a 1.25 pitch. These are the exact bolts I used for the flexplate to converter and they thread right in with no problems.

That part number 230-7304

ARP 230-7304 Torque Converter Bolts
Fits GM 200, 700, 4L60, and 4L80
ARP's 230-7304 torque converter bolts are heat treated to 200,000 tensile strength and are designed for each specific application and provide the optimum grip. Kits come with hardened parallel-ground washers. Once you install these high quality bolts you can forget about the possibility of shearing one off.
M10 x 1.5 threads

They are not the right ones

203-2802 These are 10mm X 1.25 and are 1.050 inchs long.

ARP's 230-7304 torque converter bolts are heat treated to 200,000 tensile strength and are designed for each specific application and provide the optimum grip. Kits come with hardened parallel-ground washers. Once you install these high quality bolts you can forget about the possibility of shearing one off.
M10 x 1.5 threads

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I myself took this pic, they were ordered threw my local speed shop ..These bolts are correct..There is a long post on dsmtalk about flexplates & converter bolts..
Here is a pic of one on my car testing the clearance for when I added my 2nd flexplate..The washer was representing the 2nd plate and some threads had to be cut from the bolts..

Last edited:

I myself took this pic, they were ordered threw my local speed shop ..These bolts are correct..There is a long post on dsmtalk about flexplates & converter bolts..
Here is a pic of one on my car testing the clearance for when I added my 2nd flexplate..The washer was representing the 2nd plate and some threads had to be cut from the bolts..

You probably cross threaded them it. I even looked at other brands and they are all advertised as 1.5 thread pitch.

M10 x 1.5 threads

What ever you say man.. you go ahead and thread the 10mm x 1.25 bolts into your converter :thumb:

Then have a good time pulling it back out when you strip the threads to all hell.

Yep, DSMTalk is where I grabbed that picture from a long time ago.

Damn, I guess I need to weld some tabs on my converter for my kiggly flexplate now?

I dont think so, Ive worked on some Big Block Mopars that only had 3 bolts. When it comes loose its chattering back and forth and wears the metal. Just need good bolts the correct length to work well.

You probably cross threaded them it. I even looked at other brands and they are all advertised as 1.5 thread pitch.
Your obviously smarter then red97rum and myself..Good luck with your car:thumb:

Your obviously smarter then red97rum and myself..Good luck with your car:thumb:

Well you guys are the ones telling me that the bolts are 10mm with 1.25 pitch, then you post some bolts that are 10mm with 1.5 pitch. Im glad I didnt order those right away.

Obviously if all Im gonna get in bad info Im better off on my own anyways.

Sorry but he is right. The torque converter bolts are 10x1.5 and the flex plate to crank bolts are 12x1.25 I think. I have the same bolts and can tighten then in all the way in by hand. There is no way they are 1.25 for the torque converter.

Last edited:
Sorry but he is right. The torque conver bolts are 10x1.5 and the flex plate to crank bolts are 12x1.25 I think. I have the same bolts and can tighten then in all the way in by hand. There is no way they are 1.25 for the torque converter.

Ok, I looked at a 1G and a 2G converter I have and the 1G IS 1.5 pitch. So sorry for the confusion. The 2G one with is 1.25 pitch. So I will need to get 2 different kinds of bolts, 1.25 for the 2G and the 1.5s for my Mirage.

Well I sent the converter back to Hughes to restall, its still not enough to get the car moving good.

Looks like its time to sell this 2G converter and get the Precision. Anyone interested??? Got maybe 200 miles on it.

Your profile says stock, guys are using stock converters and running 1.4 60fts so I take it you're not stock? Since this is your first post in here, care to explain what mods the Hughes can't footbrake stall and how high it's currently going?

Your profile says stock, guys are using stock converters and running 1.4 60fts so I take it you're not stock? Since this is your first post in here, care to explain what mods the Hughes can't footbrake stall and how high it's currently going?

Its a 6765, built motor. I get full boost about 5800-6000 RPMs. I can only get it to 2000 RPMs, with 100 shot about 3200 RPMs.

The converter is also tapped for 7/16 bolts and will come with brand new ARP bolts.

I ordered 4 oem torque convertor bolts from dsm graveyard they came in and don't screw in all the way. I got the trans and convertor from a guy so idk if it's even a 1g convertor how can I tell?

Update: Well we decided to just order the Precision Billet converter and its the best thing we could have done. Shifts smoother, and stalls to about 4500 now. At 4500 we can spin all 4 drag radials off the line even on 20 psi. I will try and post some launch videos today.

is that 4500 rpm without the nitrous running? or with?

With or with out nitrous

Without the nitrous maybe 2200, with 125 shot 4400.

I just ordered some 10:1 2.3 pistons and we are gonna just stroke it. Maybe throw out these BC 280 cams and get some Kelford 272s.

Maybe then we wont need much nitrous at all. Well see.

With a 50 trim or 20g this automatic thing would be a blast Im sure. With a big turbo, it sucks.

I read up on cams alot, trying to find the perfect low torque cam to spool up a larger turbo on an auto car..Kelford 272s are top end cams from what I've read..The FP4r cams might be a better choice..
Then again, the 2.3 combo will add so much more torque that it might not matter what cams you use.......
JMHO

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back