The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

Tuning timing for building Boost on launch

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NewTurboTuner

15+ Year Contributor
Jul 21, 2006
Rslv, Arkansas
So late this summer I finally got a auto car and it’s been great. The one thing I was disappointed in was that it has a very tight converter. It stalls at 2000 RPM and I couldn’t build maybe 3psi.

As fall hit and weather got cooler I noticed one day I could build build more like 5psi. And finally once it got down to about 60 degrees of less I can now build Boost off the line (as much as I want). It seems the dense air is getting me over the “hump” let’s call it.... and once I start getting like 10psi it’s builds rather quickly. I can build 30psi if I want and the converter is up to 3700rpms.

My question is.... is there any magic in tuning (maybe tuning timing) so that I can build Boost quicker. And hopefully build Boost once summer comes back again.

Currently my lowest timing is like 4’ when I’m building Boost. Should it be lower, or maybe even negative? This weekend I’m going to play with it a bit. Maybe even setup anti lag at the 3000rpm mark. Just play around with setting to see what works. I thought I’d ask though and see if anyone had any ideas to try. Thx!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back