The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

New to tuning. Need help

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LETTI GVR4

Probationary Member
May 24, 2011
Metairie, Louisiana
stock fuel system, on 93 octane gas.

Attachments

• log.2012.07.29-02.elg
    255.2 KB · Views: 53
with a turbo u should definitely upgrade the fuel system most importantly the pump and injectors. The more air and fuel that your that compress the more power you will get. So you definitely want start with the entire exhaust system. Exhaust manifold back. Only N/T goes with headers.

I'm piecing my fuel system together and do have a full 3" exhaust, from downpipe back.

well definitely get a manifold and a throttle body, then i would suggest getting DSM Link, thats what most of the turbo guys have on this site. (I believe correct me if I'm wrong)

Last edited:
with a turbo u should definitely upgrade the fuel system most importantly the pump and injectors. The more air and fuel that your that compress the more power you will get. So you definitely want start with the entire exhaust system. Exhaust manifold back. Only N/T goes with headers.

you cant just throw bigger injectors in and fuel pump without compensating your afr. you do need different injectors but you need to get a tuning method going in the process. dsmlink is what most guys use but there are others out there.

op if you dont know about tuning you should read up on it. there is tons of threads on this site and lots of guys that will have a similar set up as you. so type some stuff into the search bar at the top and read away so you can follow some of the advice people give you.

well definitely get a manifold and a throttle body, then i would suggest getting DSM Link, thats what most of the turbo guys have on this site. (I believe correct me if I'm wrong)

have you ever turbo'd a car before? because it doesnt seem like it. stock intake manifold and throttle body are fine. if anything you could bore out the stock tb and save money.

have you ever turbo'd a car before? because it doesnt seem like it. stock intake manifold and throttle body are fine. if anything you could bore out the stock tb and save money.

I actually never have, however he would still benefit from aftermarkets.

you cant just throw bigger injectors in and fuel pump without compensating your afr. you do need different injectors but you need to get a tuning method going in the process. dsmlink is what most guys use but there are others out there.

I realize that thats why i told him to get dsm link.

op if you dont know about tuning you should read up on it. there is tons of threads on this site and lots of guys that will have a similar set up as you. so type some stuff into the search bar at the top and read away so you can follow some of the advice people give you.

Unfortunately most of this site seems like a 4G36 :(

Speaking of which did u know that a GS has a 4g36 engine? According to the source only the RS has the 420a. ROFL Thats what a member of this site tried to tell me.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back