The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

New to dsm Need Help with parts!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mxryda450

Probationary Member
Jun 1, 2011
cecil county, Maryland
Ok so i have a 93 talon tsi awd i bought the car for a 1k with a blown headgasket and no turbo setup i finally got a 14b and manifold for 100 bucks with no shaft play The ? i have is whats a good headgasket to use what site to go to and im getting the arp headstuds and im replacing the timing belt dont know which brand to go with gates racing or another brand. Im resurfacing the head as well and its getting sent out im trying to get this car back in running order i may go with the vrsf front mount i read a lot of good reviews easy install and great performance. So if someone can let me know what gasket and timing belt to go with that be great! Thanks

Same. You can go OEM on the head gasket or get a cometic since you are resurfacing. Timing belt, definitely OEM. I shop at extremepsi. they normally have deals on head gasket/head stud combos.

yeah i checked out extreme psi arp headstuds and the cometic gasket 170 bucks shipped i just dont want junk if i do it i want to do everything the right way.

Oem tensioner at least, and pulleys never problems with other brands used them on my dsm for last 15 years. Never problems. aprs are a nice studs choice.

rockauto.com is really good thats where i get a lot of my parts from for other cars really good prices but i just hope when i send the head out it checks out ok but i have a guy doing it for 450 and thats him sending the head out there are no good shops here in md that dont mess your shit up over pricing my last qoute was almost 800 dollars at je import performance here in md and ma wanted 575 which isnt to bad for a performance shop that i know is good its so hard to find a shop to trust with your money and car!

yeah i checked out extreme psi arp headstuds and the cometic gasket 170 bucks shipped i just dont want junk if i do it i want to do everything the right way.

Why would you think Its junk? Cometic and ARP is a good trusted name, just because they sell for a great price doesnt mean that they are cheaply made. There are many of us using these on our cars and rarely any complaints

LOL im sorry i typed that wrong i didnt mean to say that was junk cause arp headstuds are the best you can get but as the headgasket goes a lot of ppl say the cometic headgasket is junk i guess its all in how you install the gasket and do it right i dont even think there is a gasket that has all good reviews all in preference i will ask the mechanic that will be doing the job what he prefers

i do just trying to get it back to stock i got this from a friend so far it has been a nightmare never get a car from a friend

You can go OEM if you want it all back to stock. Alot of people say that Cometic is junk because it is an MLS gasket and you will need to clean and prep both the block and the head to make a perfect seal. If you are machining your head and block then it should work great for you

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back