1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

1G New fenders and doors

Posted by Steve92talon, Aug 23, 2019

Please Support Feal Suspension
Please Support ExtremePSI
  1. Steve92talon

Steve92talon Probationary Member

Joined Jul 3, 2019
    Fernie, BC, Canada
    Has anyone purchased new body parts from national autobody parts warehous . There prices are under 100 for new fenders.

2. Mech Addict

Mech Addict Proven Member

Joined Jun 9, 2019
    Jackson, Wyoming
    I haven't ever heard of them, but after checking them out, see that they while most of the parts are for 2g and later, they do make replacement front t/s and sidelamp lenses for 1ga (like mine). Prices seem stupid low even compared to junky used parts on ebay, so I'm inclined to order some and see how they look. Now it's probably a lot easier to repro a small clear plastic lens then a sheetmetal door or hood panel. I will say that manufacturer support of the 1ga is getting very poor, and most dealership websites that list parts with prices simply cancel your order because they don't stock/ can't actually get them. I would imagine that while the exact fit may need a little more tweaking than a true factory part, its better to have smooth sheetmetal rather than dinged up to start with. Please update your post if you end up purchasing to let others know how it went. Who knows, they may start supporting the 1ga market more!

Street Build 199  3

1990 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    awd · manual · 1G DSM
  3. Steve92talon

Steve92talon Probationary Member

Joined Jul 3, 2019
    Fernie, BC, Canada
    I'm seriously thinking of some fenders for my 92. Its possible they wont come with the holes for the mouldings but should be just some measuring and drilling maybe. Anything is better then my fenders that crunch everytime u open the door cause the door grabs them and squishes everytime the doors opened.

4. bastarddsm

bastarddsm Supporting Vendor

Joined Aug 26, 2003
    Mendota, Illinois
    They generally don't fit as nice as oem stuff. but if oem isn't availible, it's all we got. I tried to find some new 1ga fenders a couple years ago and it was a no-go.

Showcar Build 5K  1

1991 Eagle Talon N/T
    9.805 @ 144.00 · 1G DSM
  5. motomattx

motomattx Proven Member

Joined Dec 9, 2010
    wampum, Pennsylvania
    Likely Chinese made so they are likely thin and need really good primer or they will rot out within a few years.

Drag Race Build 2K  16

1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM