The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

New Driver, Need Advice.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BFreeman

Probationary Member
Aug 28, 2014
Bethalto, Illinois
So I have my permit. I will be getting a new car very soon. I am not quite sure what I want. Originally I wanted a 94-95 Cobra, But was shot down by my mom because she said it was "too fast". Then I started looking at the 04 Mustang GT's. But then I talked to my dad and he told me that they are hard to make HP. So then I started looking at other cars. I looked at 350z's, Supras, Mustangs, GTO's but non of them really suited my needs. Then I came across a 98 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX. I first ignored it but then my dad said that it might actually be a good first car. So, what I am wondering is, Are Eclipses reliable cars? Are they quick if you mod them? Can they easily make HP?.

The GSX I saw: http://www.carsforsale.com/used-cars-for-sale/vehicle-details.aspx?vid=234924536
Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
BFreeman

Happy Modding!

they r reliable when stock or lightly modded. i say go for it. the one u found sounds like a good deal

Hey guys! Thank you all for the posts! So, I think I found the GSX..... Its 4 houses down from me... its a 99 GSX, 60,000 Miles, Godspeed Intercooler, and my favorite, Tinted windows!!!! Me and my neighbor are talking prices and as of right now were at 4,500. Should I pull the trigger or not??
f*** ill buy it if you dont thats a hell of a deal 60k miles is hard to find. and 4500 is a steal even if it needs some work cheek rust though it sat for 2 yrs Illinois is full of dsm most in the country but if its you neighbor i dont think he will screw you

Take it from a kid that bought a gsx his freshman year in highschool, if u get the car, you have to monitor it. It's like your baby. Make sure you do TONS of research and know what ur getting yourself into! I mean mine was probably in way worse condition than the one you're getting, but you can't expect this car to be one that u just buy and drive. Nice find! Make sure you take pics and post questions!

Yeah so here I am a year later. Got my license. I now drive a 2011 Kia Optima GDI. Im happy with it. Not a DSM, but it gets me from point A to point B. Already got into a wreck. I swerved to miss a deer, missed the deer, but I didn't miss the ditch. Got that fixed. Ive been saving every paycheck and have 4000 saved right now. Going to start looking into getting a DSM again. Wish me luck.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back