The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

New here. Need advice asap.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greddy98

Probationary Member
Jul 23, 2014
EAST AURORA, New_York
Hey guys im looking at a 98 gst for sale. Has 105k on it. Body is overall in good condition with no rust anywhere. Motor is stock and runs great. Idles smooth with no lights on or anything. Everything works on the car besides the speedo. Tranny and clutch feel good. There is some oil on the side of the valve cover by the timing belt cover. Owner says it doesnt leak or burn oil. Had it running for about 25 mins and no signs of any leaks. Car was in a accident last year and im assuming thats why the fenders and hood are on it. Current owner didnt know about the accident. Now the part that scares me is the strut towers. They both have been patched. No rust anywhere on the car but obviously something happened there and i know its a common issue. They feel and look solid but i cant really get up in the wheel well. I offered 3500 for it but the lowest he will take is 4100. I need some advice/opinons on whether its worth that or not. The no rust is a big thing for me because its not easy finding a rot free car in ny. Im suppose to be getting up close pics of the towers so i will post those when i get them.

http://buffalo.craigslist.org/cto/4567528103.html

Thanks.

Id like to stay clear of gsx's. The title is clean not salvage. Thanks for the advice. I thought 3500 was fair.

looks like its starting to eat away more under the fenders. i think 3500 is more than fair for that. let him sit on it for a week or two then hit him up again. dont buy it cuz youre scared of not getting it. will end up being a bigger headache in the end, and for that money you could easily find another one.

Thanks. Ive been looking all over in the area and only other clean one i found is a gsx with 150k for 6500. I dont think i want to mess with this one at all because of the towers already being "fixed".

Looks like it's been tacoed in the past maybe at high speed. Avoid it if you don't know 100% that the frame is correct. With all the other cars out there at a better price I would avoid this one like the plague. I know that's not what you want to hear because I've been in your shoes. Plain truth is that car is heavily damaged, over priced, and will not be a good platform to build on in the future. Good luck.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back