The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

New GST owner need advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thashow2k1

Probationary Member
Aug 17, 2012
Tampa, Florida
Hey guys just recently acquired a eclipse gst spyder with 117000 miles on it..I was driven by some guy's wife so I has no mods at all/bone stock..I also have a 09 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS, but I got this car to be my fun project car. It got it's belts replaced and has been looked at and the motor is great. My goal is to someday build this into a 500whp beast and look good too but for now I just need to get used to driving a boosted car so I just purchased

A used EVO 16g turbo (47,000miles on it)
Punishment Racing downpipe
Punishment Racing exhaust
Punishment Racing intercooler kit
Megan Racing Wideband Gauge
Megan Racing Boost Gauge
Turbonetics Raptor BOV (it was free :thumb:)
Tial 38mm Wastegate

I've done some research so it helped cruising the forums...So can you guys let me know else I need to get this going, is most of this bolt on, and am I going in the right direction for 300whp..

Im probably gonna go with an aeromotive fuel pump and ecuflash for tuning but what is a good size for the injectors?

Im probably gonna go with an aeromotive fuel pump and ecuflash for tuning but what is a good size for the injectors?

Depending on what fuel pump you get you may also need a fuel pressure regulator. For ecuflash you will need the black case flashable ECU from a 98-99. I would get the largest injectors your tuning solution supports so you don't have to get new ones later.

fuel pump, larger injectors and some type of tuning solution (ecmlink, flashable ecu, etc...)

I agree with this. Might as well get things that will support you ultimate goal so you aren't replacing things you could have done the first time around, ultimately saving you time and money.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back