1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

New 1g awd rear axles option

Posted by YanDsm, May 15, 2016

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication
  1. YanDsm

YanDsm Proven Member

Joined Jun 2, 2010
    Thetford Mines, QC, Canada
    I just wanna to share you that I've found a company located in California called Insane Shafts that build rear axles for 1g awd lsd. They have 2 version of these axles : the 500hp for $400 or the 1000hp for $900$. I don't have any experience with these axles so I don't know if they are good or not but it's another option for those who break the stock ones that are pricey and hard to find.

http://insaneshafts.com/product/is-609-is-610/

614  0

1993 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    · 1G DSM
  2. bastarddsm

bastarddsm Proven Member

Joined Aug 26, 2003
    Mendota, Illinois
    Thanks for the Intel. I always figured new shafts were not available. I wonder if the $400 are really new, and not just reman ones.

Showcar Build 7K  1

1991 Eagle Talon N/T
    9.805 @ 144.00 · 1G DSM
  3. YanDsm

YanDsm Proven Member

Joined Jun 2, 2010
    Thetford Mines, QC, Canada
    Well, I really don't know. I hope they are new. I'd like to find a review about those axles but I didn't found one.

614  0

1993 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    · 1G DSM
  4. RipperXX

RipperXX Proven Member

Joined Feb 23, 2003
    Royston, Georgia
    You could always be the test mule. ;)

Street Build 4K  10  9

1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    13.476 @ 105.48 · 1G DSM
  5. 92GSXtacy

92GSXtacy Proven Member

Joined Sep 7, 2008
    Sevierville, Tennessee
    Bumping this up, anyone have any results/reviews of these?