The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

need some tips for my first dsm drag strip pass

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turbojo

10+ Year Contributor
Oct 10, 2011
hazel green, Alabama
need some tips for my first awd dsm drag strip pass mods on the car are 6 puck clutch welded center diff
all free mods with 3 inch exhaust rewired fuel pump 20psi of boost on the 14b and is running dsmlink v3 full with antilag at 5750 rpm and launch control at 5750rpms and running nlts at 6k rpms tuned on c16 so my main Q,s are what rpm should i shift at and should i change my launch settings

Do not run anti lag on ## 14b unless you have a 20g sittin in ## trunk. Youll burn the turbo up. Just run stutter box. I have and my fastest time was 13.29 On almost stock everything. I dump the clutch at 5250. She spins and goes. IDK how ## car will do. But most slip the clutch till the car bits and lets um rip

Launch doesn't look too horrible, but you won't know if it's good or not until you get it on the track and see how your tires hook up. Just play around with it your first couple launches and see what improves it. Honestly, being your first time at the strip you probably won't see much improvements in the computer dialing in as you will in dialing in your driver mod.

Shift when the nose of your car starts to fall...normally around 6500 rpms with a 14b. Shifting at a lower rpm also has the benefit of being kinder to your syncros. Above all...there is no better teacher than seat time.

Launch doesn't look too horrible, but you won't know if it's good or not until you get it on the track and see how your tires hook up. Just play around with it your first couple launches and see what improves it. Honestly, being your first time at the strip you probably won't see much improvements in the computer dialing in as you will in dialing in your driver mod.

this is not my first time going to the track i have been racing mustangs for the past 5 years also im running toyo tires on 18s

Your NLTS is set to low. Remember to concentrate on making your shifts, don't worry about your reaction time, or the car next to you, or anything else. Take anything out of the car that isn't needed (stuff in your back seats or trunk. Make sure your windows are up and you have your helmet on. A quick tire pressure check to ensure all 4 are even (give or take 1-2psi) is a good thing. Keep your fuel level below a 1/4 tank. DO NOT DUMP THE CLUTCH. Check your antifreeze, oil, and other fluids before you go to the track. Don't worry about your times, just focus on shifting and driving. Good times (ET and mph) will come with practice...

Your NLTS is set to low. Remember to concentrate on making your shifts, don't worry about your reaction time, or the car next to you, or anything else. Take anything out of the car that isn't needed (stuff in your back seats or trunk. Make sure your windows are up and you have your helmet on. A quick tire pressure check to ensure all 4 are even (give or take 1-2psi) is a good thing. Keep your fuel level below a 1/4 tank. DO NOT DUMP THE CLUTCH. Check your antifreeze, oil, and other fluids before you go to the track. Don't worry about your times, just focus on shifting and driving. Good times (ET and mph) will come with practice...

should i set nlts at 6500

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back