The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

First trip to the drag strip--input?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2gGSX

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 15, 2004
St. Louis, Missouri
Well, I went to my first track visit with three goals in mind:

1. Do not blow the car up
2. Do NOT blow the car up
3. Break 14's

I knew it would be busy since not only was open test and tune was cancelled the week before, but this was the also last event of the season. After teching in and waiting in line (which took from 6.30 til 9) I got my one and only run of the night in.

YouTube - Tom's Run

Yes I overshot while staging, and no the other guy didn't red light--I was sitting there trying to not do what the other guy did (screw up and completely blow the run).

Timeslip was
R/T 2.274
60' 1.958
330 5.379
1/8 7.971
MPH 95.71
1000 10.217
1/4 12.059
MPH 122.28

I knew the car was running hotter than normal from waiting in line for so long, even with the hood open and fans running, but there is a real loss of power in 4th gear. The car has more in it, definitely...probably a mid or even low 11 at mid 120's with a better 60 and NLTS (and of course, a lot more seat time).

As far as my setup goes, given that I'm running the .55 a/r bolt on housing and a stock 2g intake manifold, which do you guys think is the bigger chokepoint?

And yes I know I need more fuel pump.

Attachments

• log.2009.10.20-03 12.0 at 122 track log.elg
    16.1 KB · Views: 36
Well first off, congrats on hitting your goals and getting your car to the strip! There is no shame in running a 12.0 with any setup on your first experience with the car. Right now I think the biggest choking point is more practice with the car. Get that 60ft down to some 1.7's and you'll dramatically improve your time. I always like to exhaust what's in the car before upgrading, of course you have all winter though so I can't blame you for changing up a few things.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back